For those obsessively checking order status

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by brianld, Apr 14, 2015.

1. brianld macrumors member

brianld

PSA of the day ... no doubt several of you have done this already, but I'm sure someone out there may not be aware and will benefit from it:

Save yourself some clicks and time by just monitoring your order status page for changes via something like watchthatpage.com

Add the URL in the format of https://secure2.store.apple.com/us/order/guest/WXXXXXXXXX/email_prefix@email_domain.com

where WXXXXXXXXX is replaced with your actual order confirmation number, and of course email_prefix and email_domain are replaced with your actual email (e.g. john_doe and gmail.com).

2. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

You can also use the iOS app "Deliveries" and use a widget and add your Apple Order # to it.

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

This for me, just because I use the Deliveries app all the time anyway.

4. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Oh my god, I've had Deliveries for a long time and had no idea you could do this. Thanks!

I'll have both going on though just in case.

5. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Too bad the deliveries app doesn't do best buy.com

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I have to keep checking even though I know it won't change for a while. It cures the Apple Watch boner temporarily.

7. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I personally like Parcel better than Deliveries because I found their push notifications almost instantaneous. However, I installed Deliveries once again for the Apple "watch".

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I have deliveries but mostly watch this site for the 1000 posts the second ANYONE starts getting shipping notices.

9. ckiggins macrumors 6502

I'm in the 4/24-5/8 camp, but the Deliveries app for me just shows "Delivery Date Unknown." It doesn't state the range.

10. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

hmmm. I'm in the 5/13-5/27 camp and Deliveries says 5/27. I can't wait to see what date it is updated with later this week or next week.

the 2nd one I ordered this past Sunday (with a June date) says "Delivery Date Unknown"

11. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I have a life and haven't checked my status since I placed the order. I'll know it's coming when I get a knock on the door from the delivery guy.

12. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I just imagined if malicious person gives a direct URL to cancel their order, that would be sooo evil.

13. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i use delivery all the time once i get a tracking number.... had NO FREAKING CLUE it did apple!!!!!

14. Bobster89 macrumors newbie

For those obsessively checking order status

EDIT - working now, put the wrong email address in

15. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

is your order number correct? I had this happen the first time I punched in the order number, but I had a typo. Fixing the typo resolved the issue.

16. Gooberton macrumors 65816

What the hell is a widget

17. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Exactly why I will not trust anyone outside of Apple with my order number. Never know when an accidental bug would be discovered.

I don't mind logging into my account once or twice a day to check status.

18. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

Can't you just turn on "order status" notifications in the Apple Store app?

19. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

20. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

A software widget is a relatively simple and easy-to-use software application or component made for one or more different software platforms.

A desk accessory or applet is an example of a simple, stand-alone user interface, in contrast with a more complex application such as a spreadsheet or word processor. These widgets are typical examples of transient and auxiliary applications that don't monopolize the user's attention.

Wikipedia

21. Southernguy macrumors newbie

Ditto!

22. brianld thread starter macrumors member

brianld

Yeah, doing that also, though as many of us have discovered, it doesn't parse that "04/24-05/08" date very well. And I'm lazy so in theory I'd just get an email instead of obsessively checking the Deliveries app every hour. ;)

23. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

LOL, same here. Never occurred to me that I could use the app for Apple deliveries as well. Duh! :eek::D

24. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Have been using the app for years now, and purchased the Mac one (solely to support the dev, as well as for the notification center widget on my Mac) and I NEVER knew that this app did this. So nice that I don't have to constantly type in my password now!

And I know, I don't have to *constantly* be checking it. But I'm too excited. Sorry 'bout it :D

25. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

Well I have a life so I will not automatically be at home if the delivery comes.

That's why i have to check the Page so I can see when he comes and I know when to pause my life and have to go wait for the dude.