Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
For me, the only thing iOS has over Android is how good it restores. From settings, app data, all the down to the exact way your homescreen was.

This is possible and better on Android using nandroid backups, but you can't do that without rooting and it's not sync based.

Samsung tried to duplicate this with SmartSwitch, but it only restored app data to about 25% of my apps and I still had to setup my homescreen folders and widgets.

Perhaps maybe this is one of the reasons Apple is keeping the homescreen app drawer based, cause maybe it will be a pain to try to restore.

Yeah that is one of the definite major benefits of IOS restoring.

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
For me, the only thing iOS has over Android is how good it restores. From settings, app data, all the down to the exact way your homescreen was.

This is possible and better on Android using nandroid backups, but you can't do that without rooting and it's not sync based.

Samsung tried to duplicate this with SmartSwitch, but it only restored app data to about 25% of my apps and I still had to setup my homescreen folders and widgets.

Perhaps maybe this is one of the reasons Apple is keeping the homescreen app drawer based, cause maybe it will be a pain to try to restore.

"I don't always hop back to iOS, but when i do, i have homescreen screenshots of where my apps were".

This is a must! :D

Reactions: TRDmanAE86

Dreads

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2015
Ive owned an iPhone 6+ Now for the past year but I also own a experia z2 tablet which I quite like but I must admit after looking at the gs6 edge+ that screen is to die for I am thinking of buyin one!! But I don't no if I would dump the iPhone or not.....!

Reactions: TRDmanAE86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.