For those that complain about iOS6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by GeorgieAcevedo, Jun 14, 2012.

1. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I suspect those that complain the most are non-developers who should not have the builds in the first place.

3. kiwiboi87 macrumors 6502

its their own fault,
    iOS 6. is just like iso 5,
    200 new features, improvements across the board.

the weeks before WWDC people kept hyping up iOS 6, with no real idea of what to expect.

now its here, people are upset because it doesn't give them what they want?

iOS is about giving people what they need, not what they want.

4. TLewis macrumors 65816

lol :p

As I've said: iOS6 is the first iOS release where I really don't care if I get it or not, and I've been on the iOS bandwagon since the very first iPhone. I'll still upgrade, though, just for compatibility reasons.

5. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

No no no no iOS 5 was a MUCH bigger update than 6. Lets be serious.

----------

LOL wow I've heard of blind loyalty, but this takes the cake. Have another glass of that kool aid and don't be late to the cult meeting.

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I don't understand why you think the two are mutually exclusive.

7. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

Based on his comment, I dont understand how we "need" 3D flyover in maps either.

8. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

There are way too many complaining whiny people who seem delusional in their anger of iOS6 not being custom tailored just for them!

9. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Guys! iOS 6 is the dark knight! And you're all the cops and lawmakers! ... and I'm Commissioner Gordon!

10. Syk macrumors 6502a

I'll wait till it's here with the new iphone before judging really but they could have spent the extra 30 mins to update the icons. Nothing drastic but it would still have given it a new fresh feel.

ie the calendar icon, change the red to blue, green or something, change the camera icon up, change the clock icon, etc etc.

It doesn't take much to do that while still not having to spend a lot of time doing so.

11. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

If you want different icons. I've heard winterboard does a great job at this!

12. irDigital0l Guest

Or Apple could just do it so people who dont really want to jailbreak dont have too.

They added the Clock app to the iPad and it has a new icon.

Could have also made it move like an actual clock (make it live). Same with the Weather app.

Also changed the Maps icon.

I guess in order to change an icon, it has to be huge update (maps)

:rolleyes:

13. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

I really wish Apple wouldn't be so anti-jailbreak. I used to do it but then got tired of waiting to update to the latest iOS releases.

I mean, the people who jailbreak are in the vast minority anyways.

14. sixteen12 macrumors regular

Graphics designers don't just spend 30 minutes and change a couple colours. Its a fairly long process where a new icon is thought up, designed, and then implemented. Apple takes a lot of pride in their icons, changing the colour just because would never happen.

15. Tonewheel macrumors 6502a

I suspect a lot of the people that are complaining are app "developers" who have never developed anything in their lives. They begin their posts with "I'm a developer, and...", when they mean to say, "I paid 99 bucks, and..."

16. stuffradio macrumors 65816

I am a developer that has renewed two times. It's not an impressive upgrade for me. It's not even catching up to the competition yet. If I make lots of money through the App store though, then I will be impressed with iOS 6. Until then, I'm not impressed. :)

17. Syk macrumors 6502a

I'm jailbroke and I don't have to have themes or whatever I'm just saying changing the current ones up a little would still keep Apples UI the same but give it a newer look...

----------

I'm not talking a total over haul but it doesn't take long in the grand scheme of things to design an icon. I do graphic work on the side from time to time

----------

I never wrote games or graphic apps but I've done plenty of java code and it can be time consuming but some stuff I just copy and update from there

18. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Until API fragmentation means your apps stop working. Cosmic.

19. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

And yet it did just that with the new Maps icon.
    "Change the line weights and throw a blue line on there."
    "But the line shows driving off an overpass...."
    "No one will notice. It's only a beta."

:p

20. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

Agreed. I was disappointed in the fact that there isn't (from what I read) an upgrade to the Youtube app. I am happy about all the new features that they are including though, and I'm not let down by the features announced at all

21. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Try the web app. It's great!

22. Nikomanz macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Lol,

Anyways iOS 6 is a free upgrade so I'm not gonna go complaining on free stuff. I knew what i was getting into when i turn cloaked and became an apple user, but yes iOS 6 is a minor upgrade. However minor it is, it's still an upgrade to what I consider to be the best mobile OS in the market. Clearly beating out HoneyComb and Ice cream sandwich by a tenfold.

If I had to pay for iOS 6 i probably wouldn't be willing to pay more than 2 dollars as it is a very minor upgrade.

Complaints mostly come from people expecting iOS 6 to be a "huge leap forward" , i think the switch from iOS 4 to iOS 5 made everyone think EVERY apple upgrade is going to be major in it of itself.

iOS 6 is free, if somebody doesn't like it stay with iOS 5 it's simple. But don't be complaining on apple when no ones forcing anyone to spend all of their cash on their products.

23. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

24. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

I often do use the web app on the iPad, since it's just like the desktop version, which is great. I'll probably start using the mobile version on the phone, it just seems to load faster sometimes on the app than the browser

25. The Phazer macrumors 68030

The Voice Memo icon has been changed three times in eighteen months for no reason whatsoever.