Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
I got mine exchanged twice, the first replacement was worse, the new one, I haven't seen in a dimly lit room, so I cannot tell just yet, but it looks ok.

They told me they would rather not exchange any more as they don't want to exhaust stock finding one for me as they doubt they will get a good one.

They asked if I would be happy to deal with it for now and come back in a month or two and try again, otherwise, refund and try again later.

I told them to pop a note in my irepair profile and I will come back later and try again.

MrMac'n'Cheese

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2010
So they gave you a whole new unit instead of giving you one of the brown boxed ones? If so, did they treat it as an exchange?

I got mine replaced for dead pixels, was quoted 2 weeks, but they only took 3 business days to get the replacement, no brown box, I brought in everything, iPad, box, cable and charger, handed it in when the swap/replacement came in,, and got a new one, they opened it to make sure it didn't have any dead pixel problems, and I was on my way.

I was wondering, what are these "brown box" iPads, refurbs? or brand new? or something else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.