For those that have said "Apple doesn't listen to their customers"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by splashnader, Jun 9, 2009.

1. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

It seems as though Apple is listening to their customers. How many of us have begged for a 13" MBP over the last two years or even longer? How many of us have asked for longer battery life in the in MBP line (full line)? These improvements and new MBP's have come, IMO, from Apple listening to what their customers have been saying. Yes there were a few disappointments, but it seems that Apple is willing to give its loyal customers what they have been asking for and this WWDC has proven that.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

People love complaining and are never satisfied. Also, everyone thinks they know what is best for Apple. Thus, people are always disappointed no matter what. It's sad.

3. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

i don't ever remember us "customers" asking for a SD card reader (which is a cheap downgrade from a more useful and expandable Express port), or a glossy screen, or a thick ugly fat bezel

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You don't???? I have been a member here for a week or so and even I remember multiple threads about wanting an SD card reader....

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I wanted an SD card reader... but I hate the black bezel, and the glassy screen... and I want the Expresscard slot back... I never asked to trade it in...

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Where the hell have you been then?

7. kasakka macrumors 65816

Now, if we are vocal enough they might just turn iTunes into something that doesn't suck...

8. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

with all due respect guys, i apologise about my remark about the SD card reader 'downgrade'. i'm not in the majority 99% that Apple is targeting. I just use a dedicated card reader that can read CF cards and the rest for Pro photographers

I just think the Express card slot is more useful from an expandability perspective

9. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

At least they put FW in the 13" MB.
    So hopefully they will bring back the Expresscard and put 2 FW slots slot in the 15" MB and hopefully turn the 15" MB back into a MBP

10. m85476585 macrumors 65816

So they added Firewire 800 and renamed it a Macbook Pro. It is hardly more "pro" than the old aluminum macbooks.

11. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Ok. I admit it. I was surprised about the release. The FW800 back, a supposedly better screen (i'll wait till I see it for myself to pass judgement, bar the glossy), and cheaper price point. But I wonder what corners they cut to drop it. Or have they decided to stop making a killing out of us for once. But I notice they still like raping us for the RAM option. Nice to see some things never change :p

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Point being?

They added features you guys have been bitching about, thats the point of the thread.

13. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. Thats all way too many members here do.

14. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

15. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

sorry I forgot to bitch about that pathetic mini display port.

16. m85476585 macrumors 65816

It's not a pro machine in my opinion without a real video card, an expresscard slot, and a matte screen (at least as an option).

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

And WTF does that have to do with this thread?

18. taphil macrumors regular

Ummmm....it has to do with Apple not listening to its customers, as in not providing those "pro" features listed.

19. Hal1980 macrumors member

Um what good is a nicer screen if it is hidden behind a giant mirror? Seriously, i don't enjoy looking at my own reflection all day - I'm not that good looking.

No more MIRROR!! Do you think they heard me and the majority of people on this site, and the majority of professionals...?

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The majority? You arent the majority.

You don't remember the polls that were done and glossy beat out matte?

Or did you mean the majority of whiners?

21. Hal1980 macrumors member

Not sure which polls you're referring to. The most recent one I can recall:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=673978&highlight=poll:+matte

Shows the matte beating out glassy and glossy. If people like Mirror screens, fine, but a significant number of us (a majority of those who participate on polls here) need a matte option. We're hardly a small subset.

Do I love everything else about the new MBP? No, I don't like the loss of the expresscard slot, the useless SD card slot, the quiet downgrading of the L2 cache, the lack of blueray, etc. But I do like the extended and looks to be larger battery and I recognize there are tradeoffs both on internal space, costs, etc and I'm not going to get everything I need. I do, however, need a useable screen, and I don't find the mirror screen useable. Hardly think that is whining when many of us require it.

The poster says mac listens to its fans, but the lack of matte optionality has been about the most omnipresent request/need, and it has been ignored. So no I don't think Apple has been listening.

22. DYER macrumors 6502

for the record i am very satisfied with my late 08 mbp and do think apple is listening to their customers. despite not being in the mac 'camp' for very long i do still think they are very good at giving users what they want and they really can't please everyone but at least they tried not to mention the fact that if we all had our way innovation would be impossible imo at least...

23. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

More USB ports
    Express Card port
    CF card reader
    HDMI/DVI/VGA built in
    Blu-Ray
    Removable battery
    Bigger standard HD
    Smaller bezel
    iTunes sucks
    Costs too much
    Not really a “pro” laptop
    Need a matte option
    IEEE 1394
    eSATA
    Better graphics card
    Needs a touch screen
    Higher standard resolution

Did I get everything guys?

/s

24. zorahk macrumors 6502

Really the only thing people have a right to complain about is the expresscard removal. That is just stupid, because, you can add SD to your expesscard, but I'll be damned if you can add expesscard to your SD. It will be back though, like firewire, and touted as a new feature.

25. Quad 2.5 G5 =) macrumors 6502

they don't listen

Apple should have kept the white MB, stopped the uMB, and made a 12" uMBP with a replaceble battery.