For those users "trying" to match PC "gaming" machine

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Stan Mikulenka, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi everybody,
    since you iMac munchkins quite often talk about 'gaming iMacs', here is one for you.
    It's from a local kijiji offering.
    Just don't try to match that…:

Attached Files:

2. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

Don't buy that; NASA will come looking for you.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

nobody with common sense would try to match a proper gaming rig with a iMac;)

sounds quiet good that gaming pc ..can it run OSX

4. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

I wouldn't pay 6 grand for a pc in the first place. Don't care what's in it

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

No one in their right mind would compare an iMac to a proper gaming rig....no need to troll the iMac forum, man.

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Yea well it's still valued $6000, no wonder it has much better spec than $2000 iMac. So, what r u trying to say here OP? That a ferrari is faster than civic?

I'm not saying iMac is the civic here. Just trying to be fair, $2000 iMac is decent gaming machine however u try to put it. Very much comparable with equally priced gaming pC. Yeah it's hardly reach 3 digits fps, but still can play games on very playable quality.

Yet u mock iMac users as munchkin? :rolleyes: Maybe that pc has quad gpu, but can it live with 300watt psu? It's not all about raw power.

7. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

That's overkill imo.

When I build my PC it'll only cost about ~$1.7k AU and it'll have great components. That's just the tower, though. One 30" or 27" display is enough for me, I'm not so interested in multi-display setups.

8. rdsii64 macrumors regular

whats your point

when you go to the trouble of putting together that kind of performance hardware than hobbling it with such a bug ridden OS, its like putting continental tires on an enzo ferrari.

Yes you have a pretty sick gamming system. A mac pro with a simlar price tag can be had with a pair of 6 core chips ( yes thats 12 cores) and isn't hobbled with a bug ridden OS and doesn't need to be water cooled.
    No need to troll dude. By the way macs can run windows and osx at the same time. can your rig do that?

9. Stan Mikulenka thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi guys,
    no need to defend your 'beloved' iMacs…

iSayUSay:

1. I hope you didn't miss the quad SSDs in RAID, also...

2. Read all the reply & then (maybe) you'll realize why you're 'munchkins'.

rdsii64:

1. There is not a 'Mac Pro' which can play beside this 'Gaming Beast'.

2. This isn't mine - just showing you how "gaming computer" is set-up…

3. Don't even TRY to 'teach' me about 'Mac v/s PC' - I have 4 Macs & 4 PCs & am very fluent in both…

10. Psilocybin, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011

Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

don't troll have you not realized this is an "iMac" forum and your discussing a pc?

11. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Nobody here ever claim that iMac is the best or excellent gaming rig. But a $2000 iMac is quite respectable when it comes to gaming. It's still use mobility radeon, no crossfire, so .. For 300 watt computer, it's very powerful.

Compare power vs power, that gaming rig needs 1500 watt psu to play safe, does it 5x more powerfull than 300 watt iMac? Or when u compare the price, being $6000, does it at least 3x more powerful than hi end iMac?

U wanna be mature? Compare apple to apple. $2000 gaming rig vs $2000 iMac. That's what i call competition. But really, nobody here claims iMac for ultimate gaming rig. Dont understand while OP gloat and bragging about gaming PC :rolleyes:

12. tsugaru macrumors 6502

Too bad you could build a better rig than that for less than $6,000.

13. RoyalFlushAK(s), Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011

RoyalFlushAK(s) macrumors member

What a piece of junk for $6000 to play games running on unstable OS like Windows. lol, lol, lol..., with watercooling system :rolleyes: lol, lol, lol, and 387 fans to cool down the room, lol, loooooolll
    Only a dude with munchkin brain would like to have that monster system in his house and pay that kind of money just to play game and spam the internet. For sure some unstable mind must be involved in all this ..., lol, loooooool

RoyalFlushAK(s),

14. tsugaru macrumors 6502

Windows 7 is fine. Don't be a fan boy.

15. tsugaru macrumors 6502

Oh no. Not 60GB SSDs...

Just realize that a decent portion of people on here don't just use Macs. $6,000 for that thing is a rip off, in all honesty.

16. RoyalFlushAK(s) macrumors member

Here you have them both face to face. You tell me where is the best engineering design and what machine is most elegant and for sure has the best ever most advanced OS ever developed. You tell me, pardner. Go ahead and let me see how your brain works.

:apple: RoyalFluahAK(s), :apple:

17. Stan Mikulenka thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi again,

As I said - I have 4 Macs…

iSayuSay:
    Do you need more proof about munchkins…(especially RoyalFlush).

18. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Well yeah some people is just being overprotective and too proud for what they own. Try to bash people who owns ONLY custom built PC for gaming or working. They'd do the same and defend their computer.

And that's how they become another Apple hater. Many times happens the other way around too.

19. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

Buy an Xbox360 or PS3

Here we go on gaming again - never gamed on my Macs and decided to purchase Xbox360 following loads of discussion on Mac limitations and gaming.

Not too sure what to do with the Xbox until I can bypass the DVD drive without a firmware patch - hopefully by late July with X360 Key - I can then run all my daughters games and media from a old 500G external via USB or GB Ethernet LAN.

I'm not a MS fanbois - Xbox360 Kinect was was best machine for my daughter - if it was me, I'd have gone PS3 route.

20. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Who's being more of a 'munchkin' in this thread? The over-zealous topic creator with a random thread out of nowhere attempting to showcase a 6000 dollar gaming rig and daring users to compare an iMac to it while calling them munchkins, or the users of the forum trying to make sense of all it in completely rational manners?

Decisions decisions.

21. Stan Mikulenka thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi Raven,
    is this your definition of 'rational manners' you're talking about?:

"What a piece of junk for $6000 to play games running on unstable OS like Windows. lol, lol, lol..., with watercooling system lol, lol, lol, and 387 fans to cool down the room, lol, loooooolll"

22. leman macrumors G3

Can anyone explain to me what's it all about? I play demanding games regularly on my iMac and so far had no problems.

23. Wreckie macrumors regular

That system looks fugly.. I wonder how much noise it would make and all my mooney would go on electricity bills.

24. Icy1007 macrumors 65816

Icy1007

It would sound like a desk fan on high. Also the heat it produced would increase the temperature in the room by a good 10-15 degrees F. Electric bill would also see a noticeable increase.

25. iMikeT macrumors 68020

I came in here expecting to see an iMac setup as a gaming rig. Instead, we see this bozo trolling the iMac board and calling us munchkins?!?

I'm surprised this topic has been around for as long as it has been and the topic creator hasn't been put on time-out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.