Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
"Buy a phone for what it is, not what it could be."

I agree, well said. I'm sitting here composing this on my new 2010 15" MacBook Pro. An exceptionally excellent laptop. I know because I've bought nearly every new PowerBook, then MacBook Pro that Apple has released. My point is this is one of Apples finest. Fast, quiet, and cool by Apple standards, it's outstanding.

Not every product a manufacturer creates can be a winner. The iPhone 4 is an example. My 3Gs was better overall. Sure it didn't have all the features, but it was great. When I attended WWDC as I do every year, I walked away with Steves words about the fantastic new antenna repeated in my mind. Well, it didn't turn out to be so great after all.

So, as stated above it's important to get into acceptance that this phone is mediocre at best. Live & learn. Surely this is a mistake Apple will not repeat on the next model.

Sean4123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Well of course there will be a hardware fix, otherwise Apple would be selling broken phones, it´s that simple.

But the thing is, if people are so stupid that they are fine with broken phones (literally taking it up the "posterior" from Apple) and don´t return the broken phones like common sense would make you do, I guess there won´t be a hardware fix. But if there will be, it will be a silent one, we´ll never know it. Some will have broken phones and some will have fully working phones.

I´m buying iPhone 4, but if it´s broken, I´m gonna return it, that´s just common sense folks.

But it´s your right to be stupid of course. ;)

That silent hardware fix won't be so silent when people buying iPhone 4s all of the sudden have no reception issues what so ever. It won't be hard to spot a fix. I guess your above average thinking didn't think of that.

Sean4123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
I agree, well said. I'm sitting here composing this on my new 2010 15" MacBook Pro. An exceptionally excellent laptop. I know because I've bought nearly every new PowerBook, then MacBook Pro that Apple has released. My point is this is one of Apples finest. Fast, quiet, and cool by Apple standards, it's outstanding.

Not every product a manufacturer creates can be a winner. The iPhone 4 is an example. My 3Gs was better overall. Sure it didn't have all the features, but it was great. When I attended WWDC as I do every year, I walked away with Steves words about the fantastic new antenna repeated in my mind. Well, it didn't turn out to be so great after all.

So, as stated above it's important to get into acceptance that this phone is mediocre at best. Live & learn. Surely this is a mistake Apple will not repeat on the next model.

I think you forgot to mention that this is all your opinion and not fact. I would disagree and say that the 3GS is nowhere near the quality of the 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.