for UK people, this is a bad sign!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmoosa, Jun 5, 2008.

1. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

News article:

As the tech world eagerly awaits Apple CEO Steve Jobs' keynote speech at the company's worldwide developer conference 2008 on Monday 9 June, Pocket-lint can reveal it won't be broadcast to journalists in the UK.

Although this news may not seem to affect the average consumer, it is an interesting development that could raise questions about what Jobs will discuss during his time on stage.

Traditionally Apple "simulcasts" keynote speeches to the UK and the rest of Europe, usually to a London location with the BBC centre being a popular choice in recent years, so that UK press can hear and see all the action, and announcements, at the same time as their US colleagues.

For the keynote on the 9 June, widely expected to be the launch pad of the 3G iPhone, Apple has confirmed to Pocket-lint it will not be offering a satellite link-up with San Fran, only the chance to watch the speech on the Apple website after the event.

This could suggest, contrary to what the world's press believe - and arguably for good reason - that Jobs' will not use his keynote to announce the launch of the 3G iPhone after all, or, that the UK will get be getting the 3G iPhone so far behind our American counterparts that a seperate event will be needed to remind us what it's all about.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

It will have to be a world wide release, or pretty soon after USA because no one atm is buying iPhones so therefore losing money!

Apple arent stupid. They will do the best thing for them.

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Maybe the BBC et al are going over to SF because its such a big deal and theres no point in setting up a simulcast if no one is there to watch it?

Could be something as innocuous as that. Or it could be that British people cause the iPhone to explode upon contact.

4. Project macrumors 68020

The London relay doesn't usually happen for WWDC though does it.

5. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Oh well, the BBC can use the MacRumors live coverage just like everyone else! :p

I dont think anything will happen that will exclude the UK, maybe the BBC will be attending in California.

Also, if this new iPhone comes out, it will be in the UK for sure... Coz, well, there the **** is our supply of iPhones!?!?

6. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

I really hope this is just as a result of Apple not being bothered.... I will be PISSED OFF lol if 3G doesn't come to the UK this month!!

7. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

It is WWDC - World Wide Developers' Conference. You either bought a ticket for $1600 or so, and spend five days of hard work starting with the keynote, or you're not there. Journalists are not the intended audience.

8. nick9191 macrumors 68040

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Fixed it for you.

As they didn't release in May I think they aren't releasing the 3G iPhone next week after all, people need time to beta test their applications.

I think it'll go live at the end of June as promised, and on Monday we are going to see developer stuff, the 3G iPhone isn't one of them ;).

11. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

They drained the channel here and in the USA several weeks ago. What are you suggesting? That they are now going to refill it with iPhone 1.0 models?

Okay. Sure. Whatever you say.

Next.

This isn't a revolution. It's an evolution.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This is a good point, and I don't understand why it didn't come out weeks ago, I just think the end of June is more likely now ;).

EDIT: There is something really weird going on with these rumors and WWDC, I'm all confused about what to expect.

13. mmoosa thread starter macrumors 6502

mmoosa

i seriously think apple employs people to spread and create rumors to derail people

14. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Wheres the job application for that? Sounds like easy money! :p