Forget iPhone 5, counting down the days for iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Aug 14, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not getting the new iPhone but really looking forward to the iOS 5 release. So I hope the 5 is released soon it makes waiting for the iOS 5 less bare able.as you know the will both be released on that day

Hopefully it is out by early sep.

Anybody else not getting the 5 and iOS 5 is the thing you are waiting for?

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

It's easy to say that now, since the iPhone 5 hasn't been announced yet.

It's also easy to say that people will be begging for the iPhone 5 once it is announced due to the hardware upgrades ;)

3. wadawow macrumors member

I'm hoping the iPhone 5 has a curved back or is tapered like some of the predictions, that way I will have no desire to switch :) I love my squared out iPhone 4 so much it's gonna take a lot for me to want to switch. Fortunately we have 3 lines so on average 2x a year we have an upgrade available lol. Next one isn't until next may though...

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

My next iPhone will be the 6

I'm more than willing to wait. Contract ends next dec

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yep me too. Hoping they eliminate the physical home button on the IP6.

6. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

How about, forget your opinion? I'm going to be getting the iPhone 5, which iOS 5 will be optimized for.

7. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Ya

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I had a play with my friends iphone 4 with the ios5 beta loaded onto it.

Im looking forward to the finished version being released.

As for the iphone 5, if it brings things to the table that Im interested in then i'll just buy it outright.

9. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Waiting for iOS5 here too!

No plans to upgrade the phone until the 6 comes out. If the 5 is really awesome then I will just save up and buy out of pocket.... But for what I do on the phone, it is working great.

Oh and I bought it in July knowing the 5 was "close" - but i needed a new phone.

However, I could be tempted to upgrade a Touch if that is exciting.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

11. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Forget my opinion? That makes zero sense. Why you mad?

iOS 5 will be just as good on the 4 as it will on the 5

You are acting like I'm saying don't get the 5. This topic is about getting excited for iOS 5

12. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Yeah, now he'll take your opinion more seriously for sure.

I also agree with the forum topic, but I think it needs a name change.

"Forget iPhone 5, counting down the days for the Samsung Galaxy S2"

You're welcome.

13. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

Forget iPhone 5???0.O! So when iOS 6.0+ comes out let's see if iPhone 4 can support it...:rolleyes::D

14. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Considering iOS 5 will support the 3GS I bet it will

15. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

lol, i'm not mad, just pointing out what you're sounding like. Maybe the all the -1's you're receiving will make sense now. You're saying that the iPhone 5 is useless and iOS 5 is most important, it sounds like you're saying "forget about your opinion". Now, it might not be what you meant to say, but it's just what you're coming off as.

iOS 5 will be just as good on the 4 as it will on the 5? We'll just see if it completely stands true.

16. jonrando macrumors 6502a

17. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I'm looking forward to both. And them iOS 6 and iPhone 6 and so on and so forth. ;)

18. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Samsung and the carriers are pissing me off to no end by taking their sweet time bringing the Galaxy S2 to the U.S.

6 ****ing months it's been out already?! Are you kidding me? By the time you get the galaxy sII in the U.S. its already outdated.

At least with the iPhone you have it released in the U.S. at the right time and are guaranteed for it to be the top dog for at least a year (if not longer)

19. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Considering we know absolutely nothing about the 'iPhone 5', it's impossible to make that claim.

20. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Well if the iPhone 5 goes back to a curved back, Apple will be admitting the squared off iPhone 4 was a mistake. It will either make the iPhone 4s collectibles or embarrassments.

21. Savor Suspended

Savor

I am looking forward if Apple decides to release a lower budget iPhone and if it is a true "global" phone. I think if they decide to cater to the lower end market, it forces their competitors to lower the prices just the same. I dream to have a smartphone for under $200 contract-free. A decent one and not one from Huawei. Paying unsubsidized prices of $400-$500+ for unlocked phones is just too much.

I am looking forward more to Ice Cream Sandwich than iOS5. Apple only has to worry about one phone per year. Google has a greater challenge trying to cater to several phones. Will ICS help less the fragmentation? What we see in the Android's latest software will probably be featured in iOS6 by next year. Android users are guinea pigs / test dummies of the industry. I don't mean it in a bad way. They just get the earlier stuff first even with all the faults. Samsung already has a phone with a projector inside it. That will someday be common in phones. A 720p (1280x720) resolution display will be common by 2012 once the HTC Vigor gets released.

The next gen OSes is going to have even better app switching, live icons/widgets, and might follow the "hubs' idea from WP7. Eliminate the constant opening and closing of an app. Eliminate the constant presses of the home button. I want to view things at a glance. Right now, our battery technology hasn't caught up for all this to happen right now. Overheating is already a prob with dual core chips. We probably have phones with amazing OSes like this right now and have the technology to do it. But these manufacturers can't bring down the price to a consumer level. More like Secret Service/CIA type technology found in James Bond movies.

It's sad that it takes so long for technology to become available to the public at a good price.

Tablet Newspaper (1994)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBEtPQDQNcI

22. AppleLove88 macrumors newbie

AppleLove88

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8L1)

I got my iPhone 4 back in November and am planning on waiting until the iPhone 6 to upgrade.

I am, however, looking forward to the new iOS 5. :)

23. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

My contract ends next month and I've been wanting an iPhone for a while. So this lines up perfectly for me. I intend to get an iPhone 5 and by extension, IOS 5 with it.

24. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

I can't wait for iOS 5 but I'm way more excited for a new iPhone :D

25. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

the IP4 works great but I'm not under contract. I don't know about the IP5 because I do want a LTE phone, especially if I have to sign a 2 year contract. iOS 5 might be the one to make me stop jailbreaking though.