Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
It's not. Stanley is in imperial units, and the Hermes one is in metric. I've been trying to find a good metric tape for a while, and can't (meaning Lowes and Home Depot don't carry them, and the only one I liked off Amazon US wasn't even accurate). Not that I'm about to spend $530 on one.

I have one like the BMI VISO Window Tape Measure, but with a different name. Very nice, the window makes interior measures easy as well as it does circular drawing.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 10.37.04 AM.png
6461348_rd.jpg

Now we know where the Air Tag design was inspired from

macintologist

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2004
I would love to watch a documentary or docudrama that goes into great depth on the early years of Jony Ive through the iPhone and iPad because I feel like after that point he kind of went off the deep end, but I want to know more about what the design process was like at Apple in the late 90s.

hybrid_x

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Teh Interwebz
A Hermès measuring tape and a platinum-plated eraser?

If you ever had any doubt that Ive is a completely self-absorbed designer out of touch with the realities of the average person, this is it.

I had little respect for him already. I have even less than that now.

Reactions: planteater

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Christ he looks my dad reading the Drudge while taking a morning dump.
Or like a Surrey thug gone legit later in life.
You and your dad would be well advised to buy some tools so you can put the door back on your bathroom or you should stop shaving in there when he is on the toilet.

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
He was so obsessed with the beauty and the joy of the machines and tools that he sometimes forgot to shave, shower, or even get dressed before showing up to a meeting two hours late.
And forgot to keep the mag charger.

mtnr

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
The next time someone ask me "what do you mean when you say 'bougie'?"

I will direct them to this list.

This is hilarious, no wonder he spent a bunch of time at Apple designing a Leica camera...the jewelry of the camera world. I'm surprised they haven't made him an executive. They are cut of the same cloth. Glad he's gone and I get to have a Macbook with an SD card reader again.

Reactions: SSDGUY

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
The next time someone ask me "what do you mean when you say 'bougie'?"

I will direct them to this list.

This is hilarious, no wonder he spent a bunch of time at Apple designing a Leica camera...the jewelry of the camera world. I'm surprised they haven't made him an executive. They are cut of the same cloth. Glad he's gone and I get to have a Macbook with an SD card reader again.
Yup. It seems as time went on, his form beat up his function

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.