forum problems

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by calvy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. calvy macrumors 65816

I am having an issue where when I come to view the forum, I visit my normal sections, and only 3 or 4 threads show as having new posts to them. Even though I haven't been to the forum in nearly 12 to 24 hours. And I'm talking iPhone forums, so I know there is more activity than that.

I've changed my password and it seemed to make no difference, so I don't really think someone has hacked my account. Anyone else have any advice?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

so, this is a "new post display" issue? In that, there are new posts, but they aren't bolded for you?

Can you try just clearing out all MacRumors.com cookies, and see if that helps?

arn

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Nope, all ok here

5. calvy thread starter macrumors 65816

Correct, the threads with new posts are not bolded. Or at least, not all of them. At first, I thought maybe someone got into my account and had been into the forum before me.

I'll clear my cookies now and see what happens tomorrow.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Over the last 2 days, the forum randomly logs me out when viewing through new posts.

7. calvy thread starter macrumors 65816

well just to update, i whacked all my macrumors cookies last night and today things look normal. I had 2 pages of new posts in the iPhone forum, which is what I would expect. I'll see if it keeps up or if I eventually have the same problem again.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut