Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Just noted that the forum was completely down for a couple of hours earlier this afternoon - a 522 Error came up - but now seems to be back up and running as per usual.

Reactions: millerj123

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Since the forum went down - twice - earlier today, I have noticed that it is now very slow and "laggy" ever since it has been restored.

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
hopefully that'll get better. we are running on a single db server (master). usually we are on two (master/slave). So it's handling more right now. Hope to get slave up soon.

Comment

retta283

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2018
Victoria, British Columbia
Yesterday was slow. Today has been better. I wasn't on much this morning, so I missed any slowness there.

Strangely, I have noticed the whole Internet to be slower in the last 2 weeks. Friends from multiple continents have reported the same thing. There is probably no connection, but makes me wonder.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yesterday was slow. Today has been better. I wasn't on much this morning, so I missed any slowness there.

Strangely, I have noticed the whole Internet to be slower in the last 2 weeks. Friends from multiple continents have reported the same thing. There is probably no connection, but makes me wonder.

global internet traffic is certainly up. local isp congestion also possible

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Comment

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
The "forums" part of MR was inaccessible for around 40-50 minutes this afternoon, but thankfully, now seems to be up and running normally.

Reactions: mick2
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.