Found 6+ at target! But...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wdwgirl74, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Wdwgirl74 macrumors newbie

Finally found 64GB 6+ on a whim at local target but they couldn't do my upgrade because I have phone on back order with  that I haven't been charged for and thst won't ship till end of Nov! I called  and they said they could cancel it but could take 24hrs or more to reset my eligibility. I was buying phone using ATT Next. Target won't hold the phone either- he only had 1- as they said they can't do that. so I left without one- the phone rep was getting ready to leave as it was 8pm- so I couldn't do anything. Anyone had any success or misery canceling  order to get a phone somewhere else in person? Now I'm stuck because I can't cancel the order because I have no way of guaranteeing a phine will even be available today after work.

Anyone have any advice?

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

tough call man.. not sure.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The "reset" can happen from almost instantly to several days. No telling.

4. GrecoISU macrumors member

5. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Never pre-order iPhones???

;)

6. GrecoISU macrumors member

Radioshack is expecting a good shipment next week.

7. Wdwgirl74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I cancelled and 3 mins later I check ATT and my eligibility was restored!!! Darn should have done it last night!!!!!!! I'll try looking again today!!

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Those radio shack reps will hold one for you too. I just got my 6 128 in gold after waiting since launch. He held it for 2 days and it was the only iPhone in stock period

9. GrecoISU macrumors member

Radioshack has been amazing through the whole process of the launch. They didn't get any in my area yet I'm the first person they'll call when they get one. I call every so often to check in and let the manager know I'm still looking. This is how business should be done.

On the other hand Best Buy not getting any in, not their fault, but not taking names is their fault. The fact that people were waiting in line and didn't get one was the perfect opportunity to show how much you care as a business. At that moment they had the chance to grab a customer long term and chose to be jerks about the whole thing.

10. Wdwgirl74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unbelievable! Target still had it!! I'm on the Train on the commute home but my husband it going to get it. I found out he can upgrade me because he is an authorized user on acct!!! My elegibility to upgrade was reset so as long as he gets there in time!! He's 10 mins from store!! Fingers crossed!!!!

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Good luck! The same thing happened to me at the Apple store. I could have picked up one for the wife but didn't have an eligible upgrade. :(

12. Wdwgirl74 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't believe it. Someone was buying just as my husband got up to desk. I'm so bummed. Why can't they hold them?! It sat there all last night and today till right when my husband gets there. Sigh - and I cancelled my order so I am back to square 1.

13. The Afroman macrumors regular

The Afroman

Oh man. so sorry. Been there. I almost cancelled my oder on apple.com because i found one local.. only to be sniped out of my cart. :(

14. GrecoISU macrumors member

istocknow popped up with the Apple store in Indianapolis (about an hour and half away) having some. But, because I have one on order and nobody on my account has an upgrade available I'm stuck... AT&T told me today it could take up to three days to reset eligibility... Had I not ordered one I'd be almost to Indianapolis to get the new hotness I've waited so long for.

15. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Naw...just need to preorder early :)

16. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

It is absolute madness that your upgrade eligibility gets locked in when you order a phone. It should be locked in when the phone ships, not when you order it. Very frustrating...

17. GrecoISU macrumors member

Completely agree. They don't charge the card until it ships, why can't they have a check to see if you're still "upgradable" before shipping?

18. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Stories like this are precisely why I'm so glad that I got off of that train and just buy mine contract free/unlocked and use them on T-Mobile now. I was sick of not being able to do what I wanted without having to get AT&T's permission first. :rolleyes:

19. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I thought if you bought from Target, you couldn't do the Next option?

20. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

If you live in a big city, try an Apple store. I'm being serious too. I'm happy that's what I did.

21. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Purchase it outright, the return it within 14days of Target's return policy and repurchase and get it activated after everything clears with your first order.

22. Haney6842 macrumors newbie

Target won't sell the iphone 6 or 6 outright. I tried and they said with the demand it is their store policy. Super annoying but I get it

23. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

The only way to buy from Target is with a two year contract

24. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

You could always go camp next to the phone and scare off competing buyers with stories of bending issues until you can buy it. Then spend the night on the sidewalk to be the first one in the store in the morning. ;)

25. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Then people can pre-order from any number of retail outlets and game the system to lock up multiple phones for one upgrade eligibility. Imagine the chairs if event retailer took phones off their inventory at order and then discovered at shipping that the user has claimed the upgrade elsewhere. As it is, there are impatient people pre-ordering online and then walking into stores to pickup phones while calling AT&T to reset upgrades/ cancel orders.