Found iPhone, what now?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by qwertyasdfgh, Apr 2, 2011.

1. qwertyasdfgh macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently lost my iPhone, so I went to the front desk of the place I was visiting and they had an iPhone in the exact same case as mine, and I was very relieved that I found it. However, upon plugging it in to the charger, I realized that this was not in fact, my phone. Unlike mine, it had been jailbroken, with what I believe is greenpoison. Unfortunately, at this point I was 100 miles away from the place I was at.

So, I would like to return this phone to the rightful owner. Unfortunately, I am unable to boot it to load the contacts list. Each time I boot it or plug it in, the Apple logo Appears, and then flips over to show the greenpoison apple/skull logo, with a spinner/loading indicator that eventually freezes. The battery also displays as empty even after a day hooked to the charger. I tried to re-jailbreak the phone with no luck. I did get the greenpoison text screen that went through the install, but the phone still doesn't boot.

So, the question is, should I just drop this of with either Apple, or ATT (It has an ATT sim card). I'm worried that the person behind the counter won't be able to boot it and will just take it home. Or that since it's jailbroken, they won't return it.

Thoughts appreciated...
    :apple:

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Bring it to AT&T. They should be able to track it down easily.

3. qwertyasdfgh thread starter macrumors newbie

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Maybe it was your phone, they took it and jailbroke it, felt bad, and returned it.