Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
Ever since the Apple Watch was released way back when and they showed off the solid gold Edition watch I've always wanted the leather charging box that watch came with. I always thought it was so unique and cool looking. I have NEVER been able to find one but as luck would have it I came across one on eBay by chance and jumped on it. Its such a beautiful accessory and its a shame that Apple didn't make more of these. Anyway, thought I would share some pics of it:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nice fine I had no idea the original watch came with this. I wonder if Apple and Hermes would continue to make newer versions of this maybe even to match the particular leather that comes with particular strap?

Reactions: DMG35

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Nice fine I had no idea the original watch came with this. I wonder if Apple and Hermes would continue to make newer versions of this maybe even to match the particular leather that comes with particular strap?

They definitely should. Given the comically high price of the Hermes edition, I'd think a bonus like this should be a bare minimum.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
It seems that only the Series 0 Watch Edition in Gold came with this charging box.

-DMN-

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2019
More Freedom than Yours
Ever since the Apple Watch was released way back when and they showed off the solid gold Edition watch I've always wanted the leather charging box that watch came with. I always thought it was so unique and cool looking. I have NEVER been able to find one but as luck would have it I came across one on eBay by chance and jumped on it. Its such a beautiful accessory and its a shame that Apple didn't make more of these. Anyway, thought I would share some pics of it:
Thats awesome! How much did it run ya?

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021

Yeah I always thought so too. As haruhiko mentioned above this only came with the Series 0 Edition Watch, which was Apple's $10,000 Gold watch. There weren't that many of them made and I remember seeing it back when Apple came out with it and I always wanted it (the charging box that is).

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
Yes you can, but if you gloat about it in public you must also endure getting told what other people think about.

Please point to me where I was gloating. Someone asked how much I paid for it and I told them. Some people don’t have the money to spend on something like that or wouldn’t spend that much on something like that and thats fine, to each their own. I have the money and wanted it. I just thought it was cool to share.

Some people are just have to be negative no matter what.

Last edited:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yeah I always thought so too. As haruhiko mentioned above this only came with the Series 0 Edition Watch, which was Apple's $10,000 Gold watch. There weren't that many of them made and I remember seeing it back when Apple came out with it and I always wanted it (the charging box that is).
Let's hope Apple is not as ostentatious with their Apple Care release ;)

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
thank you for sharing this piece with us. The Hermes edition watch of any flavor is my grail.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Oh ok, it's pass through charging. I thought perhaps it had a battery in there too. That would actually be a pretty decent mod - but would of course make it non-original.

Very cool piece of history all the same.

covidthrowaway

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2021
Dude nice find! Did the seller list it at 400 or did you negotiate it down? Do you know if they are selling anymore? You should share more photos with your watch! Love the color of the box.
It would be awesome if Apple produced these again.
Thanks for sharing!

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Nice find! Didn't even know those existed (guess because I never even slightly considered those insane S0 Edition Watches )

Congrats!

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
Dude nice find! Did the seller list it at 400 or did you negotiate it down? Do you know if they are selling anymore? You should share more photos with your watch! Love the color of the box.
It would be awesome if Apple produced these again.
Thanks for sharing!

I was able to talk him down a little from his asking price. The box is actually wrapped in a nice leather, similar to an iPhone case. Its super nice. I'll post some pictures of the watch in it as soon as I get back into town.

Reactions: ouimetnick
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.