Found tiny scratch on my screen, new 6S, options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miragebg, May 12, 2016.

1. miragebg macrumors 6502a

When removed my Belkin Invisiglass screen protector (was on the phone from the first day, when I bought it) I found a tiny scratch on my screen. Wasn't caused by me for sure, because as I said, already at the Apple Store on the very next moment after the purchase, the guy from Apple stuff putted it on my phone.
    I am after 14 days return time frame...
    What are my options?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

3. matt_on_a_mtn Suspended

There are children dying of starvation right now.

There are animals being abused to death right now.

There are religious genocides taking place right now.

Gain some perspective, and that minuscule scratch suddenly seems pretty damn inconsequential, doesn't it?

4. MRxROBOT macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT

Throw it in the trash, it's garbage now. Go out and buy a new one.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

No much you can do. If it is tiny like you say, put another screen protector on it and move on with life.

6. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Don't forget to sue Apple, Belkin and also charge the Apple employee with damage of property. Go get 'em! [/sarcasm]

:p

8. Tony Danger macrumors member

Tony Danger

I hate this argument.

"Don't be sad, people in the world have it worse than you".

You are right, there are worse things in the world. But he still has the right to worry about his phone, no matter how small you think that problem is.

9. MRxROBOT macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT

The OP seems to agree with matt_on_a_mtn. Just saying.

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Maybe it was there upon purchase and you haven't noticed. I had this problem. The moment I took off the factory film off, there is already a scratch on the screen. So I end up returning those since they were not caused by me.

11. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

No one said he didn't have right to worry. Believe the suggestion of perspective was offered.

As to the scratch, why not put on another glass screen protector. I don't think you will see it then. Is the scratch even visible when using the device, screen on viewing? Or is it something you only see when screen is off and you now focus on it, because you know it's there.

12. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

It is almost amusing that if someone comes on here to lament over a misfortune, no matter how minuscule it might be in light of the world's problems, there is always one or ten who feel the need to lay out "perspective" as if the person has not already considered that.

I have an aunt dying of cancer, I foster dogs (pugs) who need permanent homes, I have a buddy who just lost his job. Perhaps I should come to an Apple centric forum to discuss those things? Or better yet, offer them as a disclaimer prior to seeking advice on a mishap with my phone? Get over yourselves folks. Not everyone is oblivious to the true realities amongst themselves and where their "problems" rank in the grand scheme. They simply came to an apple forum seeking an answer from fellow users......not solve the world's problems.

13. Tony Danger macrumors member

Tony Danger

"There are children dying of starvation right now.

There are animals being abused to death right now.

There are religious genocides taking place right now.

Gain some perspective, and that minuscule scratch suddenly seems pretty damn inconsequential, doesn't it?"

Yes they did.

14. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Never had any problems with defects out of the box, well my 5S had a tiny scratch on the back.. But never had screen problems.

15. kkkace macrumors newbie

kkkace

Have a try on the Iphone alternatively screen? I just saw some on Amazon but i am not sure about the quality.

16. rijc99, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016

rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Not really. The scratch is still there.

17. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

your fault for not inspecting the phone at time of purchase, cases and protectors are not full proof hence they dont offer guarantees. if they do great talk to the company whom you bought the case from.

18. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

No they didn't. They spoke of perspective. But world hunger, religious genocide and animal abuse have nothing to do with a scratched phone. So while these other things ar horrific, but not so horrific to stop them. The scratched phone is something the OP can also worry about and perhaps remedy.

This is what I love about macrumor's forums, people can argue about just anything. I like sliced bread. That's dumb sliced bread is for wimps. The slices are too thin. No, thick slides bread is too doughy. I want mine sliced lengthwise. But that's only for a sub sandwich. But I like subs. I hate subs. Wait what were we talking about.

19. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

by that line of thought every decision you make today probably won't matter either.

I understand perspective, and I understand your point but the way you frame it is just annoying and rude..

On the other hand, OP... get over it. it's a scratch.

20. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Points out the way perspective was framed is annoying and rude...

....follows it up by telling the OP to get over it, it's just a scratch

I'm rolling.

21. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

didn't get the point I see...

22. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Rollin....Rollin...Rollin down the river.
    Macrumor's keeps Rollin.........

23. matt_on_a_mtn Suspended

You guys are a riot.

OP got over it, because in reality, it's not a big deal. The first scratch always sucks. But you generally get over it quickly as long as you aren't some of the particularly OCD zealots around here.

I picked some examples of things that SHOULD be of more concern. If you want to deny that those things mentioned deserve more worry than a scratch on a phone, go for it. Be that kind of person. Personally, I feel perspective is important, and I'd rather worry about real issues than non issues. I'd also rather spend my time contributing to correcting those real issues instead of shrugging them off as "unfixable".

24. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I hate this argument.

Yes, all this is happening. What is he supposed to do about it, and how is it in any way relevant?

25. kkkace macrumors newbie

kkkace

I agree the first scratch is inconsequential but anyway it should be discussed in smartphone relative forums. It's not OP's fault though. Let him go