Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Alongside the new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, Apple is offering pre-orders for the redesigned fourth-generation iPad Air, which was first introduced at Apple's September event.

ipad_air_2020_roundup_header.png

The iPad Air can be purchased from the Apple online store or through the Apple Store app.

Priced starting at $599 for 64GB of storage, the 10.9-inch iPad Air features an edge-to-edge display with a unique Touch ID power button instead of Face ID. Like the new iPhone 12 models, the iPad Air uses Apple's new 5-nanometer A14 Bionic chip.

The new iPad Air comes in silver, space gray, rose gold, green, and blue, and it features Apple Pencil 2 support, a 12-megapixel rear camera and a 7-megapixel front-facing camera.

Apple first announced the iPad Air at its September event, but didn't provide a release date beyond "October." Following today's pre-orders, the iPad Air will launch on Friday, October 23, which is the date that the first pre-orders will be arriving in the hands of customers.

Article Link: Fourth-Generation iPad Air Now Available for Pre-Order

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
I just rolled over to scroll through the headlines and saw that it was available to order.

My green 256 WiFi will be here next Friday!

Reactions: philrock

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
No Back to school free Airpods in the UK (which runs until 29th).

Ordered Blue, 256GB too.

Perry Barhydt

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2020
what case is everyone gonna get with their new iPad Air. I have a smart folio left over from iPad pro 2018. I like the new smart folios that have the Apple logo on the back tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.