Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andychelt

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
No Back to school free Airpods in the UK (which runs until 29th).

Yes just seen that, i'd been hoping they'd re-add the Air to the promotion in which case i'd have ordered one straight away as my 1st Gen AirPods are basically dead and would have been a good deal. :(

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Yes just seen that, i'd been hoping they'd re-add the Air to the promotion in which case i'd have ordered one straight away as my 1st Gen AirPods are basically dead and would have been a good deal. :(

Yeah, was disappointed too. One of the very few benefits of working at a university was the free stuff on Back to school deals, no luck this year.

TeNsTrKe15

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015
For those who purchased an iPad and an iPhone this morning, anyone else notice the iPhone is coming standard delivery and the iPad is coming express delivery? ?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I think the blue ones are gonna be quite popular. Might even sell out.
I'm not sold on the Blue. Went with Space Gray. Will be in a case. Not the same Blue as the new iPhones so I wasn't feeling it. But I get that it is the new color oooooh!

Reactions: jlozoya

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
what case is everyone gonna get with their new iPad Air. I have a smart folio left over from iPad pro 2018. I like the new smart folios that have the Apple logo on the back tho.

I think I’ll just get a clear back for something grippy, but to see the green. I rarely leave the house with the iPad, so something akin to a Smart Cover for the front isn’t necessary for me.

Reactions: Perry Barhydt

formerpc

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
It took a while, thanks to all the iPhone preorders slowing things down, but I did eventually get my Green 256GB WiFi ordered, and can pick it up next Friday. ?

Reactions: philrock

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
Yikes, price is creeping up...

Instead of a processor that’s at least a year or two old you are getting the fastest CPU available. And instead of the initial offering having a ridiculously small amount of memory that almost everyone updates to a usable size it comes stock with enough to really use it (although still pretty small) with an upgrade to more than most need for an amount, for Apple, isn’t extreme. And the cameras are better but I don’t use my iPad to take photos but they are a better initial grade of camera than what used to be on an iPad just a couple of years ago.

I didn’t buy one but I talked my wife through buying hers this morning. Her battery is shot on her old one. Delivery is November 5th. No Apple store open here and my other options are Best Buy and Walmart, both of which I don’t want to support.

gregohb

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I am so confused about the iPad product lines - iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini. Half of them use one pen or the other - but some not. Various chips and features. I need a matrix diagram

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
I am so confused about the iPad product lines - iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini. Half of them use one pen or the other - but some not. Various chips and features. I need a matrix diagram

IPad Pro has the most memory capacity. Right now the difference between an Air and the Pro are memory maximums, number of built in speakers and processor with the Pro having more memory and speakers (4) but the Air having the latest and greatest CPU. Unlike the Air 3 I think all of the peripherals like pens and keyboards and card readers that the Pro uses can also be used by the Air 4. There are other differences between the Air and a Pro but if you care about them then you probably use your iPad for work and know and care what those differences are, and you’d probably buy a Pro. If you just want a tablet with a very good amount of memory with the ability to do photo editing and maybe sound editing on a small scale and the latest CPU you want an Air 4. If your primary use is watching shows or browsing and very light game playing then an iPad is good and much cheaper. If you need something even less expensive go for the mini.

Reactions: Perry Barhydt

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
The Blue model seems to be the most popular.
If I order one now, the Space Grey, Silver or Green model would arrive on the 23rd. The Rose Gold between the 28th of October and the 2nd of November. But the Blue model wouldn’t arrive until the 3rd of November, at the earliest!

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
what case is everyone gonna get with their new iPad Air. I have a smart folio left over from iPad pro 2018. I like the new smart folios that have the Apple logo on the back tho.

The Touch ID is built into the power button and can’t be covered by a protective button cover.

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
If I order one now, the Space Grey, Silver or Green model would arrive on the 23rd. The Rose Gold between the 28th of October and the 2nd of November. But the Blue model wouldn’t arrive until the 3rd of November, at the earliest!

Kind of curious about deliveries. My wife ordered a Rose Grey an hour or so ago and got a delivery of November 5th. Maybe because she added an engraving?

TeNsTrKe15

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015

If possible check your local Apple Store. While the blue isn’t delivering until November, I could pick it up on launch day at my local Apple store. May be worth checking there, and you can select pickup as an option in the Apple store app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.