iPhone 6(S)(+) Fraudulent Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deferredAnon, Mar 29, 2018.

1. deferredAnon macrumors 6502

deferredAnon

From January 2017, Apple throttled our iPhone 6's(unknown to us and the world) because of supposed battery wear causing sudden shutdowns, but only revealed they have been throttling iPhone 6/6S/7's in December 2017. Right now after I upgraded to the latest version hoping to turn off this unnecessary, concealed leash on our phones, the throttling was completely removed as you can see in the attached screenshot. Now the three year old iPhone 6 battery is showing at 90% health at 56% battery charge and operating at full CPU! Wow. Apple throttled the same iPhone 6 before at 80% battery charge by almost 50% reduction in CPU in order to prevent nonexistent 'shutdowns'!

Not only did Apple lie, misrepresent, distort their reckless throttling like it was something necessary for some dubious reason, they now backtrack on their initial claims by claiming the battery is completely healthy and it shouldn't cause the supposed shutdowns they initially claimed it will cause.

Also, there seems to be some hidden agenda behind this. Apple may be trying to misrepresent damaged batteries health level at least until the $30 battery replacement ends at the end of this year. Then Apple will start to throttle iPhones again and profit from unnecessary replacements at full replacement cost.

Curse you, Apple, for all the times you made us wait to load an app unnecessarily so you can encourage and persuade us to upgrade because 'phones slow down as they age', said Tim Crook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If I were unhappy as you are with Apple, I would highly suggest considering another smart phone manufacturer since you can’t trust ‘fraudulent’ Apple.

3. apolloa macrumors G4

I agree whole heartedly with you, but, I don’t think Apple will suddenly start crippling performance when it puts the battery costs back up, because their is no need to unless they are going to try and force you to upgrade again.

Also don’t worry, it seems a class action lawsuits is brewing on this matter, and several government agencies around the globe are still investigating them for he battery acandle.

It may not currently be in the public eye anymore, but it’s a long long long way from being over for Apple on the matter.

And although my iPhone 6S is back to being the fast device it always was, I’ll still upgrade it to a new iPhone.

4. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

Samsung just came out with a new phone you can try. If you don't like fraudulent Apple, head on over to Android. At least there you know your phone will slow down with use and Facebook can harvest all your data.

5. willmtaylor, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I’m sure glad you started a new thread to discuss this b/c I haven’t seen it discussed anywhere else. :rolleyes:

Do you feel better now? ;)

(Seriously though, there are literally DOZENS of other threads about this.)

6. eyoungren, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

7. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

I'm still on iOS 10 and will claim the battery replacement later this year when I expect my phone to slow down. I expected this.