Freakin UPS Driver!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6thDAY, Sep 25, 2015.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I just saw my UPS driver back up and thought he was going to deliver my 6s/6s+ so I went and dress up.

As I came back to the window, he was GONE and I frantically checked online to see that a "First Attempt Made" was shown.

I opened my door and NOTHING, no notice.

Now I have to wait for a call from the customer service who will hopefully chase down the driver and tell him to come back.

Man if I known he was leaving, I would have ran out half naked telling him to get his ass back here.

Unbelievable, anyone already have this issue?

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Always go out half naked, they've seen worse.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If there's no notice, maybe he wasn't going to deliver the phone to you.

I would have done that, who cares what you have (or don't) on, as long as you don't miss the delivery.

I've gone to the door in my underwear before

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

In my previous home our driver never left notice. He just "made an attempt" and left. Very frustrating. I'm happy to live in an apartment again, now our front office just signs off on all packages..

(should have left my delivery there instead of UPS pickup >.< )

5. dojoman macrumors 65816

So he didn't even ring the bell and took off?

6. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

I dont think it would show First Attempt Made if it was not delivered to me.

7. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

These threads are so annoying. It's just a phone...

8. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

No door bell, but he didn't knock. I would know, I was in my living room

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

He'll probably come back. I've seen multiple trucks for a certain street area on big delivery days like Apple launches. Or, maybe it just wasn't "your turn" yet.

10. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

I just found out that the deliver driver didn't leave it, even though I printed out the pre-sign form and left it on the door.
    gah
    they left it last year. I don't get it. so inconvenient, my family and I work all day on Friday

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oh, I see, I misunderstood your comment, so its showing a first attempt WAS made. Well that stinks. My experience in this is not encouraging. I was never able to get the driver to return on a just missed delivery attempt. Good luck

12. PantalonesSucia macrumors member

PantalonesSucia

I waited outside a coffee shop that I know he parks in front of. I waited for him to pop open the back and I casually strolled up asking if he had a package for me. He looks at me and says "iPhone?". :)

I slowly walked back to my lower east side apt, then sprinted up the stairs.

13. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Sooooo don't click on it? Of course it's just a material object, this whole website is dedicated to material objects..

I use my phone alllll day, and not just as a phone. I can understand being bummed missing the delivery. I'm bummed UPS can't find mine.

14. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Are you serious? People drop hundreds, sometimes a thousand plus dollars on these things. Is it not too much to ask for that a delivery man does his damn job? Skipping deliveries and marking them as attempted to deliver is borderline fraudulent.

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

you better track him down or you wont see that phone until monday.

Did you realize the phone was coming today? If it was my phone first and foremost, a towel is appropriate attire for solicitors and deliveries during the day, second I would have answered the door as is. I am sure the driver has seen at least one penis or vagina/set of boobs in their life time.

16. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah, literally go after him or you'll be without your new shiny device all weekend.

I really doubt customer service will get a hold of the driver so he can go back.

17. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I know...wrong Pope, but still...
    image.jpg

Don't you know what forum you're on? Where's your sense of self preservation? ;):D

18. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

so annoying that it made you read and reply. :rolleyes:

19. EW800 macrumors 6502

I agree! UPS and FedEx drivers can tell a lot of stories about what they have seen come to the door! I don't think there is much that you can wear, or not wear, that would even phase them!

20. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I would have just answered the door wearing whatever. It's a delivery dude, not a date.

21. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

The same thing happened to me, but I ran outside naked and the UPS MAN DIDNT HAVE A STYLUS FOR ME TO SIGN WITH. BUT I REALLY WANTED MY PHONE SO I,SIGNED WITH MY YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!!!

22. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Dont Freak just yet. My UPS driver just told me they have different trucks today to deal with all the iphones and such. I was expecting 2 packaged today,my iphone and a case. He had my phone but not the case. I called and UPS assured me my case was on another truck and they had to get extra trucks for the increase in packages today.

23. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm praying a CS rep calls me back with a 2nd delivery attempt or pickup same day.

24. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

but his tracking already states delivery attempt made.

25. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

This made me laugh. "It's cool, I get new iPhones all the time". :D