Freaking out a bit.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 11bE5, Sep 23, 2015.

1. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

So yesterday I set my package to be delivered at a local UPS store is about 10 minutes from my work, before I did that it showed that it was supposed to be delivered yesterday which we know is not true. What while I was doing it I accidentally canceled that delivery and had to redo it again after I canceled it accidentally. Now when I go on ups website it doesn't show any information pertaining to delivery dates are in my bag which I do understand that it may take a couple days or a day update my concern is that may have screwed up my delivery I did call ups today , and verify that it would be delivered there but the young lady on the phone that I talk to told me that it was delivered yesterday which concerns me a little bit seeing as we know there's probably no phones deliver at all yesterday to anyone from t-mobile I posted a screenshot of what my current tracking says does everything look right to you guys?[​IMG]

2. Razeus macrumors 601

It's just a phone dude. It'll get cleared up.

3. noobinator macrumors 601

You must really not want your phone messing with it that much lol

4. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

look on youtube maybe someone is unboxing your phone?

android, are you going to use the move to ios app?

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

It may not update till the day of the delivery. Same thing happened with my Apple Watch (except the cancellation part). But when you request a delivery change it takes a while for the system to update again.

6. conan-kun macrumors regular

Your scheduled delivery day will update when the phone is finally scanned in by UPS. I requested a UPS store delivery and it didn't delay my delivery date. I think it depends on you requesting it early enough.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I think the OP's concern is that UPS samtates that it was delivered. If it was delivered, then to whom?

It's most likely an error, but I would call back and mention your concern. I've had tracking tell me it was delivered when it wasn't. All tracking is is a series of scans. If an item is scanned wrong at some point it's all messed up.

8. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

9. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I think there's an alternative interpretation for that 8:29pm status: "The request for this package was canceled." That to me does NOT mean you accidentally canceled the actual delivery of the package, just that you made a request regarding the delivery and that request to modify the delivery, and not the delivery itself, was the thing canceled.

The only thing to keep an eye on at this point is what the modification of your delivery to the service center location will do to your delivery date. Good luck!

10. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

I now it's just a phone but I paid hard earned money as a lot of others did and I don't want things to get lost or screwy.

11. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

It's on its way back to Chek Lap Kok as we speak.

12. rantor49 macrumors regular

You could check the store you originally had it sent to and see if they have a package for you. If they delivered it yesterday.

13. flur macrumors 68000

THIS. Everything is moving slowly through the system and your phone won't likely actually ship out to you until tomorrow, possibly tomorrow evening/night.

FWIW, when I got my Apple Watch, it was the first time that I decided to try delivery to a UPS store, and the watch shipped out on the evening before it was supposed to arrive - NOTHING in the system before then, and then everything all at once. I put in the delivery request, got the exception and the big yellow change banner, and panicked. I was sure I'd just delayed delivery of my watch. I cancelled, and then it sat with the exception for a couple more hours. At that point I figured I was just being silly and re-entered the request, since I couldn't take next the day off to wait for the watch anyway. That was around midnight that night. When I woke up in the morning, everything was good in the MyChoice app, and I picked up my watch a few hours later.

14. btrach144, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

This is why you don't mess around with your shipping. I've had non iPhone packages setup to be picked up at a local UPS CC but again, the iPhone launch day is different. You'll get your phone, it just might not be until next week now.

15. flur macrumors 68000

There's no need for that.

16. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

not sure how this is constructive at all. But to those who actually gave me good info thankyou very much !!

17. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

lol what I said was that UPS typically handles rerouting to CCs very well. Come iPhone release day though, this forum in past years has been filled with people crying because UPS was overloaded and told them they wouldn't get their phone till Monday.

Sorry you can't handle hearing that your phone will likely be delayed till Monday. Welcome to life bro.

18. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

That person is giving good advice even if it is not what you want to hear. iPhone delivery day is crazy. Mucking with the routing puts your delivery at risk. Lesson learned for the future.

And really, no one knows. So just wait and see what happens Friday.

19. ricktat macrumors 65816

Just call UPS and ask again. If they say it was delivered then ask to where? Ask for a supervisor.. Call back.... Or just see if it updates correctly tomorrow. The phone may be at the UPS store now... and is just being help until Friday release.

20. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

So I called Them back and i was told my request is still pending but it should change to the new drop off.she said it probably Showing pending still since they havent received the package.

21. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

You have giving me a big sigh if relief thank you for sharing that I truly appreciate it.

22. flur, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

flur macrumors 68000

Yep. Both of mine went live in UPS on Monday, one as "in transit to a UPS facility" and the other as "ready for pickup." I requested my packages to be held at my local UPS store (like I usually do for stuff I have to sign for) and both phones sat with the exception warning for two days. The "ready for pickup" phone is now "in transit to a UPS facility" - it's green again in MyChoice and scheduled for Friday delivery to my store. The other phone is still in exception, but I've no worries, as it just hasn't been scanned again. As soon as it's scanned it will go green again.

You should see yours update once UPS has it in their hands.

23. Razeus macrumors 601

The way people get worked up about delivery dates around here is truly mind boggling.

24. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

lol it's like they lost their child and can't find them. It's just a phone.

25. jmantn macrumors 6502

Yes, by all means don't sweat a $1,000 or close to it device being delivered incorrectly.

And yet we have people getting mugged over console releases that cost half as much. People even get upset over a $10 or less incorrect charge on a bill or at a store. Another example people complaining about black out dates for sports, tv shows being cancelled for urgent local/national news, and I could go on and on.

Welcome to the real world and stop trolling.

And I too would be ticked if something over $50 was shipped to someone else. That's like ordering TV, or sound system, or something for a child and just saying it's no big deal.... I mean the op hopefully has good health and family and friends are ok and job status is good so aside from that I say it's definitely something to get ticked off about.