Freaking UPS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiddlaBronc, Nov 22, 2013.

1. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

So my phone was suppose to be delivered yesterday and it didn't. Status still says ''out for delivery'' with yesterday's date. I contacted UPS and they told me that at this point it is considered ''lost'' and to contact Apple to start an investigation.

This blows! I've been waiting for the phone since Oct 7th and now this??

:mad::mad::mad:

So pissed

2. xmaseve macrumors regular

I would do as they advise and I'm sure Apple will get a new one out to you quickly....especially since the shipping times are much shorter now and I'm sure they can prioritize the order.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Since Oct. 7th? Wow, hope you get this problem resolved.

5. RiddlaBronc thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

To make things worse I need to call Apple tomorrow (if they are open) and get this claim going. Do they send a phone and battle it out with UPS or I have to wait till things settle? Even if Apple sends a phone on monday it will probably take 2 weeks to get here due to thanksgiving coming up.

:mad:

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Freaking UPS!

Yeah they mess up a lot. Sometimes they steal your phone or they lie about attempted delivery when they didn't come at all. FedEx does it too.

7. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

That's lame. For expensive electronics I'd rather just goto the store to purchase and walk out with it.

8. lloose macrumors newbie

Sucks that you dont have a phone store around you. I walked in AT&T today, and walked out with my 5s.

9. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

Ooooooooh! *Clenches and shakes fists*

Tell them to shove it UPS their ass.

Hachachacha!

Thank you! I'll be hear all week!

Yeah, UPS always does that.

10. kelice macrumors newbie

Yes, UPS.... Sometimes UPS here claim that they cannot find the address, but then suddenly, when I give them the exact same address over again, telling them they have found it before, there is no problem anymore....

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Why did you not just use the Apple in-store availability checker?

12. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

Maybe they didn't have them in his local Apple Store?

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

In the time it took him from ordering to getting it... I'm assuming that by that time his local Apple store might have gotten some. All that is needed is a week's worth of patience.

Sure as hell beats, one and a half month worth wait.

14. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

Sure does.

UPS needs to step up their game.

I can't believe they're this slow. I can't wait until the holidays. :rolleyes:

15. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

UPS is fast. However, when there is an iPhone shortage, blame Apple for mass producing a mid-tier iPhone that clearly few people wanted instead of their flagship phone.

16. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

Which is why Apple needs to focus on one model, not more than that. They just can't focus on two different models.

17. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

Maybe he didn't need the 5S immediately and wouldn't mind waiting a little bit instead of having to hound the Apple website and make rounds at local Apple stores constantly to check for stock. Or Apple stores are too far out of the way. Some people's time is more valuable to them than having the latest device ASAP.

If it took this long, I'm assuming he ordered a gold one. And maybe he has T-Mobile and had to buy it through T-Mobile to get EIP financing, causing extra delays since carriers have less stock allocation than Apple.

I hope you get this resolved OP. I'm waiting for two to be delivered next week from UPS as we speak. :eek:

18. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

This.

Try tracking your device, if it's still not in your area then UPS is lost.

19. fedoropolis macrumors newbie

Wow, that sucks.

I'm assuming Apple insures shipments, should contact Apple/

20. RiddlaBronc, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013

RiddlaBronc thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Its in the local area about 20 mins away at the hub but they are closed weekends. No apple stores here the closest one is about 4 hours away.

I ordered this phone from apple on the 7th october so yes i have been waiting a long time. At that time there was no phones available. I put money on a debit card and apple charged it. So i had to wait and wait. Was told a delivery date of the 4th of november. It didn't get shipped till the 17th.

It was so close to making it but i just hope its a simple mistake by ups. They deliver in golf carts around here. Here is what it says

Nov 21 out for delivery since 8 am
    Then on top it says rescheduled for monday at the end of day. <--that keeps changing automatically by each day

[​IMG]

21. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

The package might not have been put on the correct truck when it went out that day. If the other driver is not close they will bring it back to the building for a Monday delivery. Be home or have a Official UPS printed signature release paper for the driver because they do NOT leave apple products without signatures. Most hubs run Saturday air so if you have the local number and call the office they will be able to dig out your package if you cause a stink.

22. martosprint macrumors 6502

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago with a package. I had the tracking saying that it was out for delivery and then said "delivered'. This was thru the USPS, so I went down to my post office and showed the postmaster the tracking info on my iPad and he called the carrier who supposedly delivered the package and the carrier told the PM that he remembers the package. The carrier said he left it at an address with a similar house number only on a different street. I waited at the post office all the while. He went back to that house and retrieved my package and delivered it to me a little while later.
    When you contacted UPS did they get in touch with the carrier to see if he left it at another address? It would have had to be done the same day that your tracking said it was delivered.

23. RiddlaBronc thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

The thing is that it needs to be signed for it to be delivered. It's just weird that it still says out for delivery. I believe it has something to do with the new way they deliver now. They get a golf cart with two little trailers connected at the back. Have not seen a UPS truck in a long time only FedEx trucks.

I was reading similar stories and when the packages goes missing the status gets changed to something else like ''missing'' along those lines. I am just hopeful it will get here by monday. Get out at 12pm that day so I will be home.

24. RiddlaBronc thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I called ups and spoke to someone about my package not being delivered. Told me to contact apple and i did right now and they told me tht according to them my phone should be here today even though ups said out for delivery thursday. Told me to call tomorrow if it didnt get here today. Feeling hopeful

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You may want to cite some actual proof here. Basically calling two major companies thieves is pretty short-sighted.

I agree about UPS and shortages for sure. UPS isn't to blame here for a wait time of over a month for a silly phone.

I think the idea of being a tad patient works here but if it said out for delivery the other day and it never arrived, I can see why you would get wiggly. Sounds like it will work out though.