Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FunkyCold24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Good Evening to All!!

I understand everyone's content/discontent with the iPad due to lack of features that we all wish would have been there, however, there's something that AT&T/Apple could have done for current iPhone ONLY users.

For those of us who alread have an iPhone with unlimited data service, the least they could have done was given us tethering between our 3G/s iPhones and the iPad. We're already paying $30 for unlimited and now they want to charge us another $30? I'm not bashing anyone here, just looking to shed some light on this because it's pretty greedy making us shell out more money for the service that we already get.

Apple could definitely set up the OS or update our iPhone's with the ability to do this with the iPad and the iPad only. I believe this would definitely encourage more of us mac geeks:apple: to go ahead and make this purchase.

Whether I get a lot of responses regarding this is up to you, but it's definitely something I feel they should consider, especially if, if the iPhone does hit other mobile carriers in the future.

FunkyCold24

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
One can wish; however, remember, you are paying $30/month for Internet on 1 device. The iPad is a whole new device, which needs its own plan.

However, I wonder if AT&T will allow iPhone users to tether the iPad to the iPhone....:rolleyes:

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
One can wish; however, remember, you are paying $30/month for Internet on 1 device. The iPad is a whole new device, which needs its own plan.

However, I wonder if AT&T will allow iPhone users to tether the iPad to the iPhone....:rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breath

FunkyCold24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
With AT&T, you can never hold your breath, but it really is something that AT&T should allow. Yes, it's a totally new device but I don't really think it needs it's own plan for current users. For new users who don't have an iPhone, absolutely.

But do you really want to pay $60? When you'll always have your iPhone on you, anyway?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.