Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tombee

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
another request for more TetherMe info.

currently I have unlimited data via at&t.
use myfi for tethering with ipad

want to make sure I'm not raising any flags with at&t. i thought mifi was the absolute best choice.

jw12345678

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
UK
nope

you have the best program, tether me is just a cheaper option with less features it just allows usb tethering

Actually, Tetherme allows bluetooth tethering too which works straight from the bluetooth menu of your mac, or starts automatically when plugged into the mac through the usb cable, and doesn't drain the phone battery anything like as fast as the wifi connection that MyWi uses.

Oh and it is an awful lot cheaper too!

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Actually, Tetherme allows bluetooth tethering too which works straight from the bluetooth menu of your mac, or starts automatically when plugged into the mac through the usb cable, and doesn't drain the phone battery anything like as fast as the wifi connection that MyWi uses.

Oh and it is an awful lot cheaper too!

Just so that you are aware, MyWi won't drain the battery either when connected to the computer while tethering using USB on an iPhone 4.

jw12345678

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Just so that you are aware, MyWi won't drain the battery either when connected to the computer while tethering using USB on an iPhone 4.

You are right, of course.

A lot of the time I am using my laptop and tethered iphone in cafe's, in the car, on trains etc without access to power, which is why I prefer using the bluetooth connection. It drains the phone battery less -and also preserves the laptop battery too!

Of course with the shiny new iphone 4, and the newer macbook pro's, the battery issues are less of a problem than they were historically, but still......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.