Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Under the Podcast section of the iTunes Store there is a 'free' 14-part Audiobook of 'Wolf Brother' by Michelle Paver, narrated Sir Ian McKellen (he of Gandalf and Coronation Street fame).

I haven't listened to any of it yet, but apparently it's a children's adventure type story.

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
free downbeat itunes song valid till 9-30-07

the free song is for Kurt Elling's new cd nightmoves

the web promo code is "JYKYFER4MPN7"

ENJOY

shepster

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2005
the free song is for Kurt Elling's new cd nightmoves

the web promo code is "JYKYFER4MPN7"

Where did you get the promo code from? They are one-time codes. In order for us to take advantage, we need to do the same procedure that you did to receive your unique code.

- Jeff -

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
A free audiobook is available on the UK iTunes Store (I haven't checked the availability in other countries stores) of an interview with author George R.R. Martin.

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
Where did you get the promo code from? They are one-time codes. In order for us to take advantage, we need to do the same procedure that you did to receive your unique code.

- Jeff -

they are in the magazine downbeat. go to a library or a barnes and nobles and get the code. i doubt they are one-time codes.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
they are in the magazine downbeat. go to a library or a barnes and nobles and get the code. i doubt they are one-time codes.
It is a one-time use code. It didn't allow for me to redeem, either. :p But thanks for giving us a heads up.

krkst28

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2006
Philly
Last Weeks UK Free Song

I didn't get Gallows last week (which was also in the US store?) I had this instead:

St. Vincent - Paris Is Burning

It's still free for the next few hrs or so even though the front page has changes. Just saw those Saturday songs, damn.

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
I didn't get Gallows last week (which was also in the US store?) I had this instead:

St. Vincent - Paris Is Burning

It's still free for the next few hrs or so even though the front page has changes. Just saw those Saturday songs, damn.

Ah oops, my mistake - I have a feeling I was probably viewing the US store when I looked up the free song last week so you're right, it should be Paris Is Burning (still free for now).

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
free jazz mp3's

go to jazztimes.com,
click on the subtitle "columns and features"
choose "jazz mp3's"

download 10 free jazz mp3's

enjoy------------

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
not sure if this is the right place to post but for uk users

just text "ROCK" or "POP" or "LIVE" or "ITUNES" to 85100 (it's a normal priced text. free if you've got free texts) and you get send a voucher for a song on itunes.

runs out 30th September though

and works for itunes+ songs

sigue777

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
Here is a single use code of 22 songs from Lollapalooza 2007 artists:
MRMN3AYA34AF
it expires in a couple hrs.
please reply if you use it ... so that others don't waste their time

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Here is a single use code of 22 songs from Lollapalooza 2007 artists:
MRMN3AYA34AF
it expires in a couple hrs.
please reply if you use it ... so that others don't waste their time

Ahhh darn it wish I would have seen this last night. Would have been sweet to get. Crapola!! :eek:

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
In the third post of this thread you can follow the progress of the Starbucks iTunes giveaway (October 2 through November 7). I update the list each morning.

Thanks for this.
Will see if Keith Urban is tomorrows (friday 10/5) and maybe the next couple as I have found a person who looked into their website's programming and has put together a list of the songs and dates.

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
free radio head album

radiohead just released their album and it lets you choose a price , something or nothing and gives you a download link.

its called. inrainbow.com

search for the net for it

Radiohead_-_In_Rainbows

enjoy

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Free this week for all those lovely UK rock fans....

Hundred Reasons - No Way Back

I downloaded it earlier today and I think it's an absolute cracker. Word on the street is that their up and coming album is supposed to be quite something. Guess parting ways with Sony agreed with them! ;)

krkst28

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2006
Philly
If you are looking for the free track from france this week it is here:

Tue Oct 16: Kevin Michael - It Don't Make Any Difference to Me (feat. Akil Dasan) [Acoustic Version] - R&B/Soul

The button was up tuesday morning but the link lead to (what I assume was) the item is being worked on and is not available warning. May still pop on the main page later in the week but till then... Thats the problem with iTunes France, its's in French.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Don't fear the reaper?

Today's Single of the Week is "Snake Devil" by "Scary Kids Scaring Kids" and the Discovery Download is by "The Black Ghosts".

I'm surprised they didn't save these scary-sounding songs for the week of Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.