Freeware Program to Copy Music from IPod to Computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bob Chadwick, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

Is anyone aware of a freeware program that will allow me to copy music off my IPod Touch to my computer without going through ITunes?

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

I don't quite understand the problem. You have a music library, and iTunes copies it to the iPod. That's the only way to get your music onto your iPod. If you change computers, MacOS X can copy all your stuff, including music, from your old computer to the new computer.

3. patp Guest

he is asking for help in getting music from his ipod to the computer without using itunes.

he doesnt want to use itunes.

a very quick google search yielded this:

http://www.copytoy.com/
    http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/
    http://www.icopyexpert.com/

i give both you a big fail

1-OP you could have just searched thru google, then searched for "problems with whatever service blah blah - this way you see any issues other people have had. Google is your best friend. Trust me

2-gnasher729, come on man. Did you really think you were adding anything to the conversation? If your not going to help, go back and rearrange the icons on your homescreen.

Both you a big fat fail.

OP, please let us know if any of the above links work. Great to share with the community.

4. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for clarifying but a a fail to you as well. I did a Google search and came up with a ton or hits, to the point of the search being worthless. I came back here looking for a recommendation not wanting to download a bunch of software, most of which was crippled trial ware, and finding out it didn't do what I wanted.

Can anyone recomend freeware that will do this?

5. patp Guest

you gave so little details, you never mentioned you did a google search.
    most of the babies in this forum do not use google ever. They would rather ask some stranger ona forum advice on a doctor or lawyer.

good luck to you.

6. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

7. dtblaze macrumors regular

8. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

Let me add to this. Any freeware will copy songs from a MAC formatted ipod to windows PC? I have googled this and the software did not work. TIA

9. lanulos macrumors regular

On Cnet, GizmoRip seems to be the most popular freeware for this. I haven't had the need to try it yet.

10. aNYthing24 macrumors member

11. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

12. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone. Gizmorip is doing the job though it does crash after it completer the recovery. Probably because I'm running 64 bit Windows.

13. MacFon macrumors newbie