Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
London
A group of friendly London mac users are going out for our semi-regular monthly drink up on friday! You know you want to come too ;)

Its a bunch of mates meeting up on friday evening (14th july). We all know each other through various forums and mac-related means. If you are in london on friday fire me an email or reply to this post, or just turn up to the apple store between 6:30 or 7, then we go out and have fun. Who could ask for a more perfect night out?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Why didn't you guys come to our picnic? Or maybe you did, and I just don't remember... :eek: :D

I might be up for it but as always, I have to see how the week pans out workwise. Many potential pitfalls possibly await me between now and Friday afternoon.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Applespider said:
The 14th is probably do-able this time round.

Just promise there's no chance we'll be locked in Regent's Park... ;)
So it's probably do-able if they promise no chance of a lock-in. Definitely do-able if they promise a lock-in eh Applespider?

Careful guy's once caged she can be a handful!:D

tobio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
London
Glad to see we might get a good turn out. last time i mentioned this a few months ago i don't really think i gave much notice :)

I think i may nock up some kind of sign to hold up, so that you guys can spot us. If for some reason that doesn't work all the computers there are on the net, so you could send me an email (i am geeky enough to have my own blackberry) so i won't be out of touch.

at the top of the stairs, back row of the theater seems like a good spot? there are comfy seats and we can listen to apple propaganda while waiting for more people to turn up.

Then we head off out and wander around soho until we are so thirsty we just have to stop and drink and chat. It's a pretty top night all round!

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I could possibly make it.. depends on what time I'm done at work, and then if I'm feeling foolish enough to drink the night before a stag weekend...

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i'm looking for work all week, so this sounds like a nice respite, i need to make enough money to buy a spitfire 2k, insurence 1k and have a maintenance fund 1k.....

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Applespider said:
warming up?

You bringing the the Pimms+Tequila™?:D

So far my week has been: Monday - avoiding the gym, Tuesday in the pub for a catch with a friend/ex-workmate, Wednesday in a pub for a works leaving do, Thursday in a pub for housemates birthday, Friday - should be sensible and regain energy levels, Saturday and Sunday - being hammered in Birmingham.

There may be a re-occuring theme in there somewhere....

tobio said:
Depends if it's your stag weekend

Oh hells no. It's my foolish younger brothers precurser to doom.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Piarco said:
Tuesday in the pub for a catch with a friend/ex-workmate, Wednesday in a pub for a works leaving do, Thursday in a pub for housemates birthday, Friday - should be sensible and regain energy levels, Saturday and Sunday - being hammered in Birmingham.

Sounds to me that Friday could be a dangerous case of going cold turkey...:p

Might not have the Pimms but will have the jugs... :D

satty

macrumors 6502
tobio said:
A group of friendly London mac users are going out for our semi-regular monthly drink up on friday! You know you want to come too ;)

Its a bunch of mates meeting up on friday evening (14th july). We all know each other through various forums and mac-related means. If you are in london on friday fire me an email or reply to this post, or just turn up to the apple store between 6:30 or 7, then we go out and have fun. Who could ask for a more perfect night out?

I likely come along. Not sure if I can make 6:30 or 7 though, because I work outside of London. Which pubs or bars do you intend to go to?

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Applespider said:
Might not have the Pimms but will have the jugs... :D

:eek: :D sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Advanced warning though.... I feel like complete carp today. Was out until 2 am drinking Bulmers for the first couple hours, then following it up with Bulmers + sambuca chasers. I really feel a bit Obb™.

If I make it through a 4 hours strategy meeting without hallucinating, I'll do my damnest to be there.....

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Piarco said:
...I feel like complete carp today...
I've never been that drunk!
carp.jpg

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
do we have any idea if this is a one pub all evening type drink up, a pub crawl or what?

because i don't look all that 18, i have ID but it's an NUS card which is not always accepted and if we go to many places it's more than likely to cause issues, however if it's a one place thing it'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.