Friday Stock/Line Reports NJ/NYC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cusipz, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Cusipz macrumors newbie

Any updates from this morning?

Shockingly, Short Hills shows availability for 16gb Black, not sure if true.

Menlo Park had a small shipment yesterday but sold out too quickly.

Don't think I can do 4 hours in this heat in NYC, so I'd appreciate any updates on the Northern NJ Situation..

Thanks!

2. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Not shocked on Short Hills...

That's where I got the notion to go (instead of Paramus) having done the 1:00 am 5th Avenue flagship (with 400 people in line) last Saturday.

I was less than 20th in line and in the store in 20 minutes. Saw the retail site with 16GB stock. I would call them or the other stores and then act accordingly.

But if it was me today, well I'd probably already be at the Short Hills Mall. :cool:

Now I love that store. :)

3. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Romanesq - but at work, would not be able to make it to Short Hills until late, when I'm sure they will be gone :/

Just wondering if the site was accurate about the black 16Gb, because if it is, and shows available for tomorow I will be there damn early.

Seems a few in the area got late morning shipments yesterday (small) - hope they get them tomorrow.

Anyone else on the Northern NJ hunt??

4. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Been hunting one down since last Friday. Menlo Park lines were long & slow, then they sold out. Stopped by yesterday, and was too late. Might try Short Hills tonight, but will have to call first.

The Staten Island store isn't hard to get to, though you do pay the (now) $8.00 toll, then the extra 1.something % tax. But it's another option if they have them. I tried there Tuesday, as they went the entire weekend with three green on the checker, but no luck.

Would love to try early on the weekend, but I've got other things happening...

Someday...

:apple::apple:

5. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't even determine if the green checker for 16gb Black was accurate for Short Hills - getting constant busy signal. Crazy.

I just don't trust the website enough to line up hours early.

I went to Soho a few days ago, was green on all 3. Showed an hour early, maybe 75 in line...15 mins before open they came out and said no Black 16gb. So much for the website.

Thanks for any other updates guys.

6. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Keep calling...

Busy signals well, to be expected. But on day one I had gotten through twice to the Paramus Mall. OK, maybe it's harder now but just do the redial thing.

Then you get to option 5 as quickly as you can.

When I went to the Short Hills Mall though last Saturday I didn't call. Something in me said those folks in the neighborhood there would not be motivated to hang out at the mall before it was really opened.

I would try that again early if I had to. Good luck on the hunt!

7. gts197 macrumors regular

I was on the hunt yesterday, here is my post about it that I put in the Thursday Line report thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=524556&page=3

8. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

Still busy signals for the Short Hills store...Must be a madhouse if they actually have them.

Will probably try that one early tomorrow rather than Menlo Park, but would really like confirmation that the web was accurate and they had all 3 models first thing this morning....

9. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

bump...

Bump for anyone out there in NNJ. I still can't get through to Short Hills by phone, and haven't heard of any other store in the area getting new supply...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

10. dancavallaro macrumors regular

I got mine at Menlo Park on Monday.. I got in line at about 9:30 a.m., and there were about 20 people ahead of me. I had to wait just over 2 hours, but I finally got my white 16gig. Don't most Apple stores get daily shipments? Your best bet is to just get there early, get in line, and if they sell out, they'll likely be getting another shipment at some point during the late morning, and you'll eventually get your iPhone.

Don't quote me on that though.

11. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

Good update. I'm going to do that at Short hills or Menlo Park tomorrow I think. I just hope they get Saturday deliveries, otherwise....ouch.

12. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

What about the Roosevelt Field Apple store in Long Island? Thats where I got mine on Saturday. THey had plenty in stock but not sure about now...

13. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

Last bump for the day..

Anyone have any info on NNJ stores? Still stuck at work and I haven't heard anything....thanks guys.

14. Cobra2001 macrumors regular

Just keep in mind that b/c tomorrow is a Saturday, many more people may be on line compared to a Mon - Fri morning. I couldn't make it out this morning to my local Apple store, but I did call at 10 a.m. and they had just gotten a shipment.

If all goes according to plan, I'm heading over there early tomorrow morning and hopefully they have enough stock to cover the crowds that are bound to show up. If the store opens at 9 a.m. though, I'm wondering how early is early enough...

15. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree tomorrow will be madness because of all the people who have been stuck at work during the week...Like me.

I'm hitting either Short Hills or Menlo Park, haven't decided yet...Probably 90 mins before open. I can't see people hanging out at the mall at 6 am, so 90 mins should be good enough to get front 30 people, i think?!?

16. Biscotti macrumors regular

Whoever is going to short hills tomorrow, i'll be there :p haha keep this info updated! it def helps

17. Cobra2001 macrumors regular

Yeah, if the store opens at 9 a.m. I would think 7:30 a.m. or, at the earliest, 7 a.m., would be a good time to arrive. It may not get me to the front of the line, but I should be in a good position to get a 16GB black anyway. Hopefully...;)

Good luck to you all!

18. dancavallaro macrumors regular

I know UPS can, in general, make deliveries on Saturdays, but I don't know if the Apple stores are getting shipments on Saturdays. In any case, good luck to you all!

19. kimberlyd. macrumors newbie

i was at short hills around noon to exchange mine...home button stopped working. there was a line about 60 deep. they had all three available. when i walked out, it looked like thye had cut off the line as there was a rope behind the last person.

20. Cusipz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Kimberly...I did confirm that Short Hills had some. Also confirmed Menlo Park was sold out. I still don't know which would be the better spot for tomorrow. :confused:

21. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Not a good sign...

If they've cut off the line, that means they'll run out of available iPhones with the last person on the line. I suppose there is always the potential that someone gets denied when they do get in, but I don't know that they let you linger as "standby".

Check the website tonight. That's the best indicator that they may have them in the morning.

iPhone availability in NJ

(it won't work till after 9:00 PM)

22. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Don't even attempt to go to Menlo Park Mall, I got mine launch day (5-6th in line) and days after that lines were still long and slow. Low stock too..

Try Short Hills, but get there early.

23. LadyC macrumors newbie

I am also on the NJ watch. Had no luck at Freehold or Menlo this past weekend.

As a side note, if you change the time on your computer, you can see the current stock in the stores. I checked this morning and all the NJ stores were in the red. I just changed my clock to 9 pm and saw that some of the stores do have stock. I honestly don't know how accurate it is (though I can definitely say that it changed from 10 this morning to now), but it does work to be able to see the indicators at any time of the day.

24. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

haha! The old time trick, classic!

25. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Menlo Park had some yesterday, though by the time I got there (and at least one other MacRumors poster), they'd closed the line for the day with about 8 people remaining. This was about 6 PM.

The stock checker showed all red for them today.

Each store will be getting some in on and off until Apple works out the whole logistics. But you've got to be flexible to be able to grab one when they're available.