Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm full of joy! Bounce in my step, till I leave for work in 5mins.
I'm a brand new owner of an Apple phone, my first ever 3GS!

When iPhone was announced, Jobs had an incredible introduction, possibly his very BEST! The ENTIRE CROWD was ecstatic! After that I thought it would be another Newton (although back when I was 9 I too wanted one). But I'm SO GLAD I have one now. Makes my E71 "look" stupid - but I know its a solid performer.

Its' naked now and I'm not going to use it without a shield/case. I've already got one picked out.

First application: Wordpress (yeah I got a blog that originally was S60 focused).

Apple has definately changed the smartphone game and NOT because of an App Store alone, but also because of the quality of applications.

:apple:

up next: More apps, and iMac C2D or newer

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
We've been telling people like you this for years and you stuck with your other phone. There is nothing like an iPhone and never will. Whatever device finally beats it...Apple will release new and better than that.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I've had my iPhone 3GS for 3 months now and I still take it out of my pocket while I'm walking about and think to myself how much of an amazing purchase it is. It does so much for me and it has allowed me to sell or not buy other equipment or services.

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
im 8 months from my purchase of my first iphone, and i still say its worth it, and people usually say you get bored or regret your expensive purchases, but not the iphone :cool:

rchrdrdr

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2009
pull your heads out of your butts. there are better phones out there that are able to do more. especially ones with much better build quality.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
pull your heads out of your butts. there are better phones out there that are able to do more. especially ones with much better build quality.

I don't think anybody was disputing that before you jumped in, but there were certain little things that other phones couldn't do but the iPhone could. What phone catered to Mac users better than an iPhone?

The fact that my address book and mac email (at least) is now synced with my phone means a lot to me. Everything else was literally icing on the cake for me when I decided to buy one.

Amazingly my needs were so simple that other better phone out there didn't offer that kind of integration. Better can be such a catch all word but means nothing at the same time with providing an example of why.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Enjoy it! :D

I'm still completely in love with my iPhone, as much as I was the day I bought it. If anything, jailbreaking made it seem newer and more awesome, so the love continues to grow.

I convinced my brother to get an iPhone on Saturday and was probably more excited about it than he was, though he did set me about downloading apps for him on the way home from the AT&T store. Lol.

gloomcookie1

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I've had my iphone 3G for a year now and have been loving every minute of it. I think there's still something about it that makes me love it a little more every day.

Even if there are other "better" phones out there...I've finally found a phone that is the best for me.

Enjoy your new iphone :apple::D

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
It's nice to hear how excited people get when they get their first iPhone. Having experienced each model as they came out, I forgot how exciting it was to get the first one.

Congrats on your new iPhone! I'm sure like most of us, it won't be long before you wonder how you ever got by without it!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the warm welcome friends.

Really?

OK are we talking about BlackBerry?
- right now I'm looking at a desk draw at the office FILLED with trackballs & trackball assemblies!
- poor provider warranty support for emergency switches.
- NO WAY to track a BB moving without paying specifically for 1 3rd party support and it'll cost a corporation serious dollars
(I'm certified for lvl 1/2 and BES Administration) so I don't play here.
- Build quality on ALL models has dropped since the 8700.

Are we talking about WM?
with CRAPPY experience for end users especially with necesarry soft resets, hard resets, poor sync quality; great email support (internal solution).
- sure you get SSH/TLS.
- but using cab files or registry edits really blows.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the warm welcome friends.

Really?

OK are we talking about BlackBerry?
- right now I'm looking at a desk draw at the office FILLED with trackballs & trackball assemblies!
- poor provider warranty support for emergency switches.
- NO WAY to track a BB moving without paying specifically for 1 3rd party support and it'll cost a corporation serious dollars
(I'm certified for lvl 1/2 and BES Administration) so I don't play here.
- Build quality on ALL models has dropped since the 8700.

Are we talking about WM?
with CRAPPY experience for end users especially with necesarry soft resets, hard resets, poor sync quality; great email support (internal solution).
- sure you get SSH/TLS.
- but using cab files or registry edits really blows.

Don't feed the troll...

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI

Why is it that these "haters" get so upset about the phones WE choose to use?

Do you really care if we use iPhones, and happen to think they are the best thing around?

I say let people use what they want, and quit complaining about people who happen to like the iPhone...

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
im 8 months from my purchase of my first iphone, and i still say its worth it, and people usually say you get bored or regret your expensive purchases, but not the iphone :cool:
Agreed.
Ive had an iPhone since February 2008, and I still love it. I haven't even got the 3GS yet! :eek:

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
First phone I have not gotten bored with after a month. And first phone that I fully utilize the data plan on because it actually is an enjoyable experience using the mobile browsing.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I was going to get one but the 1 cent sale that AT&T is having doesn't include the iPhone.:mad: As it is I'd be paying $30+ a month more for crappy AT&T service over Verizon for two years ≥$720. Add the phone at $199 and it's too rich for my poor ass blood.:eek: Heck I could buy another computer with the difference.:eek:

Every time I get tempted I do the maths and it don't work.

Glad you love yours but this stingy S.O.B. will stay the cheap course with my LG Dare dumbfone and get a great signal while watching some of my iPhone using brethren curse up a storm and make excuses for crappy service while standing right next to me.:p

skyfreedom

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
yes iphone rulz

refreshing to hear someone loving their iphone, i have had many other "smartphones" but i still havent gotten bored of the iphone. Welcome to best iphone forum on the net.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I was going to get one but the 1 cent sale that AT&T is having doesn't include the iPhone.:mad: As it is I'd be paying $30+ a month more for crappy AT&T service over Verizon for two years ≥$720. Add the phone at $199 and it's too rich for my poor ass blood.:eek: Heck I could buy another computer with the difference.:eek:

Every time I get tempted I do the maths and it don't work.

Glad you love yours but this stingy S.O.B. will stay the cheap course with my LG Dare dumbfone and get a great signal while watching some of my iPhone using brethren curse up a storm and make excuses for crappy service while standing right next to me.:p

So why exactly did you post this in a thread where the OP is expressing excitement over his recent purchase?

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
So why exactly did you post this in a thread where the OP is expressing excitement over his recent purchase?

Because I can

and the OP got me so pumped up with his exuberance I wanted to buy one and did some research and found out why I don't have one.

And why would you post a question about somebody posting in an online forum? Because you can....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.