Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Lately I've flagged several posts for only containing a photo, meme, or 1-word response, sometimes not even relevant to the discussion in the thread, but after being reviewed by Mods, it was deemed that no action was warranted.

This is, of course, fine as I'm not a Mod and this isn't my site. My question, though, is do I need to stop flagging these? It was my understand that they were discouraged and generally removed to keep discussions productive and civil. However, I don't want to make more work for the Mods, who already work very hard to keep the forums running, by flagging posts unnecessarily.

I'll attach an example. Please let me know if I should stop flagging these types of things, as I don't want to burden anyone.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Frivolous Post.jpg
    Frivolous Post.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Reactions: AngerDanger

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
One word posts, or posts that we would class as frivolous are still against the forum rules.

As you have been, please continue to report posts that you feel may contravene these rules. Each will be reviewed and acted upon if appropriate.

I haven't looked at the specifics of your above example and why it may or may not have been acted on, but if you like further clarification from an Admin then please use the Contact Us link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.