Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
My 8 Plus on 11.2 went from 100% to 93% and with charger plugged in won’t go past 93% even though it’s fully charged.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Yes, twice if you mean holding the power button down then swiping to power off, then press power to turn back on. It’s not the cable or plug either.

Not quite. Try these steps below.

How to Hard Reset iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus

Step 1: Press and hold the Lock/Wake button on the right side of your iPhone.

Step 2: At the same time, press and hold down the Volume Down button on the left side while keeping the Lock/Wake button pressed.

Step 3: Keep holding both the buttons until the screen turns black and then switches back on to display the Apple Logo.

Step 4: Wait for a couple of seconds until your iPhone boots up completely and displays the Lock screen.

That’s all you need to do to force reset your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. The method is quite similar to older iPhone models except that you have to hold the Volume Down button this time rather than the Home button.

Reactions: michial

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009

Step 2: At the same time, press and hold down the Volume Down button on the left side while keeping the Lock/Wake button pressed.

Step 3: Keep holding both the buttons until the screen turns black and then switches back on to display the Apple Logo.

Step 4: Wait for a couple of seconds until your iPhone boots up completely and displays the Lock screen.

That’s all you need to do to force reset your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. The method is quite similar to older iPhone models except that you have to hold the Volume Down button this time rather than the Home button.
What did I do then? It restarts the phone with Apple logo? Thank you btw

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
What did I do then? It restarts the phone with Apple logo? Thank you btw

You just turned it on and off. This process seems similar, but it actually does tend to flush out little quirky bugs at times like this one.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
Mine is doing the same crap!
First day my full charge showed 1% then I did a hard reset and it worked.

Now it showed a full charge at 98% and my phone is at 91% with it being unplugged for 10 min.

Always something wrong with apple products or software now a days.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
I started to do what you said and it made a loud siren like noise. So I stopped the process. It was like the sos was being activated.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Mine is doing the same crap!
First day my full charge showed 1% then I did a hard reset and it worked.

Now it showed a full charge at 98% and my phone is at 91% with it being unplugged for 10 min.

Always something wrong with apple products or software now a days.
But mine at 93% is actually fully charged. Just the percentage is wrong.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009

I’m assuming mine was fully charged at 98% too? I mean it was on the charger for HOURS. Lol

Also noticed it charges super slow. Yesterday in 30 min of charge it went up like 11%.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

These are no longer the steps for hard resetting.

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/force-restart-or-hard-reset-iphone-8-and-8-plus/

Step one: Hit volume up.
Step two: Hit volume down.
Step three: Hold lock button for 8-10 seconds until screen goes black.
[doublepost=1509987627][/doublepost]
How do you know its fully charged?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.