Full screen caller ID

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SeanMcC, Jan 19, 2010.

1. SeanMcC macrumors regular

I have pictures set for my contacts, and when some call the whole background is their picture. When others call, it has a thumbnail of their picture next to their name up top. What makes the difference?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you take the picture with the phone and add it to contact you get a full screen picture. If you add it through your mac address book ot winsux you get small.

I may be wrong but I'm sure that's how it worked out.

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Full screen requires that you assign photos on the iPhone. Small photos come from syncing with a contact on your computer.

4. EvilMonkey macrumors newbie

Actually you're both wrong.
    When you set up a contact, fullscreen is if you set it up as "home" or "Mobile"
    Small icon if you set it up as the persons "iPhone"

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Actually your wrong and they're right. Any 'image' assigned to a contact outside of the iPhone (and I'm speaking in general here since I'm not 100% sure on Outlook sync but AM 100% sure on Mac Address book or even AddressBookSync) will show up as thumbnail regardless of what type of number (Home, Mobile, iPhone, etc.)

Any 'image' assigned within the iPhone will show up as full screen regardless of what type of number (Home, Mobile, iPhone, etc.)

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Correct :)

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're wrong and the two posters above you are correct. You can search here or google and find out that it's fairly well documented. If you take and add the photo on the phone it's full screen. Otherwise it's small if added via the address book.

8. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Am I missing something here? How do you setup the persons as iPhone? All I see is mobile and the rest but not iPhone.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Ignore that poster. Large: from iPhone. Small: from Address Book (only when first adding the comtact pic).

10. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I mean I know about the whole small/big picture thing but I he said you can setup someone's number as "iPhone" which is what confused me

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I've always said, Apple needs to make this an option for users. Not everyone wants the full screen Caller ID.

12. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

If I'm understanding you right, I see that option on mine. See attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, you can do that, but that has nothing to do with the size of the pic.

14. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Vandam isnt asking about any picture in his last post.. he is referring to setting up a number as an "iPhone", like ninja posted, there should be an option when setting up a contact. good luck

15. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

anyone can make a label for a number when creating a contact.. the iPhone label does not come default...

theirs no way to make a picture the small lil icon box from the device itself.. You have to add a picture to a contact from mac address book to do it. I dont think this can even be done on a windows pc... anothe way to do is it using google sync via exchange server. If you add a picture to the contact online it will automatically change the pic on your phone into the small lil icon box.. if u want to add a pic on your phone and you are set up with google exchange.. You can add the picture to the contact. (which it will be full screen at this moment) then wait a minute and let google sync (does it in the background, u will notice spinning will uptop next to the 3g icon). Go to settings, mail, go to the google exchange. unclick google exchange contact sync. Its going to ask you if u want to delete contacts off your phone. You say yes. Then you recheck google contact sync. go into your address book. Its going to download all your contacts again..

16. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i am not to sure what FW you are running but iPhone is an available label.. i have 3.1.2. its always been available after 3.0? im not to sure, its been a while though.

17. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I believe it was introduced in 3.0 FW. It wasn't a "Hey lookie lookie" but more of a quiet feature (the iPhone tag that is), if it was there before then I didn't know it (much like others) but after 3.0 I noticed the iPhone tag for phones.

18. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I love this thread...Your wrong...No your wrong...No you...no you....lol

19. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Yea, this one's a classic. Really needs to be closed before it goes right back to the beginning and starts over again....:cool: