Funny as hell!! (children should avoid)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gav2k, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

A mate pointed this out to me. Read the reviews!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/cr/B000KKNQBK/ref=aw_d_cr_drugstore

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I had a buddy in college with an extremely hairy chest. Whenever he would take his shirt off we used to tease him with things like, "take your sweater off dude, it's hot today...". Well, one year for spring break we went to Florida and he wanted to "clean up" his chest a bit. He used a product similar to this. I was rolling on the floor and crying with laughter when he began hopping around the room fanning his hands at his nipples and screaming, "it burns, it burrrnnns!". :D

The memory still brings a smile to my face.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I have a friend with a super hairy ass. We'd call him "Assquatch" (instead of Sasquatch incase someone didn't catch the reference).

One day I get a call from him to "come over to his house because its an emergency" so I did and he answered the door in a towel and begged me to go to the store and buy cortizone. I told him I would as long as I could tell EVERYONE about it :p

He naired his ass and couldn't sit, or walk, or anything really. Apparently it was insanely itchy, and no, the corizone didn't help.

5. eric/ Guest

eric/

Idk what is with the demonization of body hair or how that ever happened. I'm a decently hairy guy, my legs, butt, and chest are hairy and frankly I think it's just fine. It's manly. It's natural. It's unfortunate that we as a society put so much pressure on people to look like the stereotypical movie star that we do crazy things to try and change our natural appearance. This goes for women as well, who I think are probably under much more pressure to look amazing.

Hopefully these individuals become more comfortable with themselves and learn to reject societies idea of beauty and just be happy with themselves and comfortable with their bodies.

and FWIW if there are any other guys out there who are self conscious about their body hair, I've had sex with quite a number of women and it's never been a problem. So be yourself and don't care about what society says.

6. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

I'm glad this thread doesn't come with pictures... :eek:

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I trim mine because it itches badly since after a certain length it curls. I don't like shaven though because it feels weird. Trimmed is nicer IMO.

I spit my drink out laughing when I read this!

8. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I think you are reading just a bit too much into this my good friend. Body hair, like anything else is a personal preference. Some guys like to grow a beard and some guys shave every day. Some guys like body hair in other places and some guys prefer to shave it. No one is making a statement about how it should be for everyone. To each their own.

9. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

cracked me up.

10. eric/ Guest

eric/

To each their own, but we're just gonna make fun of you so much that you feel pressured enough to shave it off and then when that doesn't go well we're going to make fun of you even more.

That's pretty much what you said.

11. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Um... No. I don't know how it goes with your friends, but my good friends and I joke with each other about everything. Busting your buddies chops about something is just a normal and fun part of "guy" time. No one is teasing with the intent of making someone else change their behavior.

My friend in school was quite comfortable with himself and made fun of others in the group for various other things. He only shaved for Spring Break that year because he wanted to try something different. You know, people do that sometimes; they try a different haircut or maybe a different style of clothes. He wanted to see if he "would tan better without the hair", his words, not mine.

I'm now losing my hair or "going bald" as my son puts it. Close guy friends tease me about it all the time and none of them are trying to make a statement about my looks or force me to go buy a hairpiece.

As far as you putting words in my mouth, well, how about we try not to do that. It's much easier to ask for clarification and promote relationships as opposed to making accusations and destroy them. The story I told clearly said that I laughed at my friend burning himself by using a similar product to what the OP posted about. I didn't say my funny memory was in any way based on trying to humiliate him into what I wanted or thought he should do.

Your strong reaction to this innocent thread is leading me to believe that you could have been teased or tormented in some way by others and if that is the case then I'm sorry about that. However, let's not generalize, assume, or accuse others of things, ok. :)

12. eric/ Guest

eric/

Well that's not the impression I got from your post. You should be much clearer next time in order to avoid confusing joking with being a bully.

I'm not trying to promote any sort of relationship.

quote the words I placed in your mouth
    It appeared that way.

Actually, I've been a pretty big bully in the past when I was younger. I realized that's ****** and I don't condone others doing it. Especially over stupid things like what society says looks good.

13. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I didn't get that from his post. I think you are either reading too much into things or you are still smarting from some teasing you may have received.

14. eric/ Guest

eric/

nope and nope

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

A Church Lady quote comes to mind......

16. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Well, I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post. The point is this, instead of assuming you know what someone means, ask them. This is especially true if you are going to accuse someone of something.

When you choose to interact with someone on these boards you choose to enter into a community relationship with them. The goal is to be cordial and friendly, to share stories and ideas, to learn from each other, and to enjoy each others fellowship. When you start throwing around accusations and telling people what they said or meant then you change the good intentioned nature of the engagement into an oppositional one.

Um... okay... pretty much the entirety of post #11

You took a simple story and inserted ill intent where there was none. Nowhere in my post did I say that we were teasing him to make him do something and nowhere did I imply that he used the hair product as a result of our teasing. You chose to fill in those blanks how you wanted to regardless of whether your interpretation was accurate or not. I said the guy was a "buddy" of mine. I said we went to Florida together on Spring Break. What about any of that would make you think we had a bully and bullee relationship. He was my roommate and fraternity brother, one of my best friends.

to you... It appeared that way to you. Others in this thread didn't get that impression. An appropriate response would be to say, "my bad, I misread your post". A more appropriate course of action in the future would be to ask questions for clarification and confirmation to ensure that you fully understand someone before you accuse them of something.

Where does "society" come into this? You are the only person in this thread that is imposing this assumption. The OP or no one else has made any comment about what or how people should manage their own body hair. The whole point is that people have not followed the directions on how to use a product and it has lead to funny results and comments. That's it.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Agreed.

And eric/, thanks for dragging yet another thread off topic.

18. eric/ Guest

eric/

I'd rather just read something and make an assumption.

That may be your goal, that doesn't have to be the goal of anybody else.

Because your comment was one of opposition.

You said you were teasing him, and in turn he then did something directly related to what you were teasing him about.

Perhaps you should have stated that instead of giving the appearance of being a bully. Also, just because somebody is your friend, doesn't mean you can't inadvertently bully them or make them feel self conscious about something.

I thought I had full understanding of your post, so why would I ask for clarification if that was my initial thought?

Society comes into this quite obviously. Even from the OP. Making fun of body hair, where does that stem from? Societies values, which include non-body hair. Back hair in society is generally perceived as gross. Same thing.

Ok. And people have been using that product directly because of pressure from society to remove body hair.

----------

It's not off topic at all. It's sad that society exerts such pressures on people that they have to go use products in order to try and make themselves look like what's on the cover of magazines.

19. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

And you know what happens when you assume...

So your goal is to provoke?

Pot, meet kettle

You apparently thought wrong.

This was a funny thread about people misusing a product with funny results. People have been altering appearance for thousands of years. You want to drag a light thread into a social debate, make your own. Don't hijack.

20. eric/ Guest

eric/

Nothing.

Speaking of assumptions?

nope

I guess so. Oh well.

and it's sad that people have to resort to using such products in order to be beautiful according to society.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's completely off topic but hey, it seems to be your thing along with parsing every post to death.

And spare me your I thought mscriv was bullying someone. His history here is anything but being a bully and the term is just so overused at this point.

22. eric/ Guest

eric/

:rolleyes:

That's your opinion. I don't find it to be off topic at all.

I don't know his post history, and frankly don't care. I respond to what's said, not what has been said in the past.

23. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

At this point I'm not even sure what you are talking about. :confused:

Based on your other comments I'm just gonna let things go at this point. The poor OP's thread has been derailed enough and you are obviously not willing to accept any responsibility or even be open to examining your own behavior. :(