Funny little story - someone caught out using their iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, Aug 12, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

So i purchase something from ebay back in JUNE and i have been fighting with the guy on and off to try to get this thing shipped to me. Basically i was given the run around until he stopped answering my questions - like 4-5 DAYS between emails! then i threatened to report him..

I got an email back from him saying that he was on vacation and did not bring his computer and there for did not have the internet

On the bottom of that email, and every other one sent to me said

"sent from my iphone"

I called him out on it. He had nothing to say other than a quick response with his distributor's phone number.

I got the liner, but i thought it was HILARIOUS that this guy claimed to have no access to his email when he clearly had it right in his pocket!

2. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

it wasnt funny at the time.. I WAS PISSED.. i bought a liner to line a pond that i had built and dug out and i had tow ait TWO MONTHS for it.. Now the pond is JUST about done and its almost time to pack it in for winter.

4. Carpe Deez macrumors member

I think this story is a fake. There's no way a rep would do that.

5. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

a rep? what are you talking about. It was a guy from EBAY selling a POND LINER!!

Geeze, you can view my feedback i left for him on ebay if you wanted! his name was TriumphGlobal, and i am photocouture

Have fun!

here is one of the many emails he sent "from his iphone"

6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

maybe you shouldn't get pond liner from ebay?

7. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, hind sight tells me this is true..but you can say that about ANY THING on ebay - or any internet store) if you dont have it physically in your hands, there is ALWAYS a risk of it not showing up.

Anyways, i got the pond liner, its all installed, and we are building a waterfall now.. so all is well.. i just thought it was HILARIOUS> my guess is he JUST got the phone and didnt know how to change the settings to not say "sent from my iphone"

8. Carpe Deez macrumors member

I don't know. There are just too many holes in the story here. Why would someone go ahead and do what they did? They should know better!

9. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'm not as smart as you. Can you please point out the holes for me?

10. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I was going to show of my iPhone when I first got it and my brother already knew I got one since I had sent him a "sent from my iPhone" email earlier that day. As a new user, I didn't even know iPhone emails have that as a default!

11. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

either way, this guy was CAUGHT OUT and he had nothing to say after i called him out other than "well, i dont always have service" which is the LAMEST claim.. if you run a business, and you know you are having issues with a customer's order, then when you DO have service, you check things out when you can!!

I just thought it was funny because i KNOW he probably didnt realize EVERY email he sent me said "sent from my iphone" - which the above poster said - new users dont realize this until someone points it out.

12. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I just sent an email from my iphone to one of my other email accounts after reading this thread... it didn't say sent from an iphone. Is that an option you must select to have it do that?

13. Carpe Deez macrumors member

I think this post is fake because the original poster must work for T-Mobile. It is really the only possible explanation here. The outlandish stories being told are incredulous!

14. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

Don't fret. It's the people who have nothing better to do but to pick apart everyone and their stories. People cry "fake" without having actual, concrete evidence against it. ;)

It's the default signature.

Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Signature

15. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

OK, now you're just trolling.

16. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

Just to be devil's advocate, do you know where he was vacationing? He could have been out of the country and unable to use his iPhone or not wanting to rack up heavy data charges. ;)

17. Carpe Deez macrumors member

Yeah, as you can tell I'm a little annoyed at:

1. How people on this forum call everyone a liar or a fake.
    2. How people fall victim so easily to these trolls.

Original poster - I found your story quite entertaining, and I don't doubt your credibility at all.

18. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

19. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well then WHY THE HECK woudl you turn my post into an debate?! atleasy you could have made a point to let people KNOW you were being sarcastic.. this is a forum.. tone of voice does NOT come through in text.

as for WHERE he was vacationing, I have no clue, but even if he was in aplace where it MIGHT have been expensive to check ONE email.. it SHOULD have done it. I am a customer who already had waited a MONTH to get my item!! I have worked retail and now run my own business,a nd i know that sometimes, you take a loss in order to get a repeat customer to win it back..

I was annoyed and mad at him before, but now i got my pond liner and all is well.. now i just think its FUNNY that he claimed NOT TO HAVE THE NET when it was in his pocket the whole time..

20. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well the first post didn't really make sense in the first place. I thought you bought the iPhone from someone and he wasn't sending it, and using it himself instead.

You kind of have to read it twice to understand, since liner is the very last sentence.

21. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I said i BOUGHT AN ITEM ON EBAY!! not an iphone..

22. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

Regardless of if he has an iPhone or not; I think I would have asked him how he was able to send an email period "without internet connection."

That's like someone calling you and leaving a voice mail saying they don't have a telephone.

23. Carpe Deez macrumors member

I'm not clear on why you just didn't go to the store to buy one. When dealing with an AT&T rep on ebay, you're bound to run into problems.

24. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

OMG THIS IS NOT ABOUT AN IPHONE THAT I BOUGHT ONLINE!!!!!!!

this little story is about an IDIOT who sold me a LINER FOR MY POND and stopped returning my emails and CLAIMED that he had no internet connection when i KNOW FOR A FACT he had an internet connection because he had an IPHONE - i KNEW he had an IPHONE before all of his emails said SENT FROM MY IPHONE!!

REPEAT - I DID NOT BUY AN IPHONE ONLINE - I BOUGHT A LINER FOR MY POND ONLINE!!!!!!!