Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

le9508

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2014
I have an iPhone 6 currently on iOS 10.3.3. I'd like to update it to iOS 12 to try it out, but I'm afraid that if I upgrade, I won't be able to revert back to the older version I have installed right now.

I know you need SHSH2 blobs to be able to downgrade in general, but I am wondering if there is any way I can save the 10.3.3 blobs for my device even though Apple stopped signing them a long time ago.

Maybe there is a jailbreak tweak available that would allow me to revert back to an older version of iOS after the fact?

I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have an iPhone 6 currently on iOS 10.3.3. I'd like to update it to iOS 12 to try it out, but I'm afraid that if I upgrade, I won't be able to revert back to the older version I have installed right now.

I know you need SHSH2 blobs to be able to downgrade in general, but I am wondering if there is any way I can save the 10.3.3 blobs for my device even though Apple stopped signing them a long time ago.
You will not be able to go back to 10.3.3 if you upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.