Future of iPhone lineups

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fezzzer, Nov 9, 2013.

1. fezzzer macrumors member

With the iPhone 5S and 5C launches out of the way, I wonder if perhaps Apple will consider that many phones are now going the way of a larger screen than the 4" currently produced.

Does anyone else think that they will continue with the 'C' lineup with a 4" screen, but the original iPhone will move up to a larger screen so people have a choice?

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Why not ? An iPhone 6 with a 4.7" display and a plastic 6c with 5s hardware and 4" display will be a very good option.

3. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This would be great. I'm just afraid I'll stay on the "c" cycle the rest of the time. I got the 5c to "tide " me over til the 6. However I don't want a really huge screen on my phone... Plus I do like the look and feel of the 5c.

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

A lot of people don't really want it until Apple gives it to them. I'm sure Apple will market a bigger screen such that those opposing it will give it a try and then will like it.

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I love the look and feel of 5c too, but I'll stick with my iPhone 5 because they are almost identical hardware wise.
    But a "6c" with 5s hardware could be my choice ....

6. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

I thought I read an article that apple may start doing running changes and update their product more often though the year rather than their usual yearly cycle.

Also, apple would be stupid not to have a larger screen at this point in time.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No... 4+" is idiocy. Might as well make the iPad mini into a phone for that matter.

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Fandroids going to storm the thread in three ... two ... one ... :D

It's a matter of personal taste, I think 4.5-4.7" to be the sweet spot. Any larger and it will be uncomfortable to hold for me (as a smartphone).
    Sadly enough, I don't think Apple will ignore all the complains on the web regarding a 4" display while Samsung offers 5+" .....

iPhone 6 will be larger than 5s ... I just hope not so much

9. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This is true... Us consumers don't know what we want... Apple tells us what we want. So you may just be correct!

----------

I would not upgrade to a 5c from a 5. I would say that's a "side grade" lol.