Futureshop rep says only apple bluetooth works with iphone?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Jul 23, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I walked in and asked would this motorola work with my iPhone?

Two reps then said "oh no, only this apple bluetooth will work with the iphone"

Is this true?? I highly doubt it, but thought I'd ask you guys...

Thanks.

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

An Apple rep told me only the Apple USB superdrive would work with my Macbook Air. That was a lie.

4. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yep. Flat out lie. My wife is using a bluetooth headset that isn't an Apple one and she has an iPhone.

5. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

bastard future shop employees...that's why they were looking at the floor and scratching their noses as they were saying it! lool

6. macdim macrumors 6502

I think Futureshop favours hiring nimrods. That way they don't have to pay them commission when the customer finds what they need on their own.

7. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Really?

Then someone should really tell my Plantronics 520 it's not supposed to be connecting to my iPhone! Bad, BAD Plantronics!!! :p

8. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I use a Motorola H670 headset on my 3 GS.
    Works just fine.

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

10. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Apple BT was the worse BT device I've ever owned, the nice thing was that it came with a dual dock that accommodated the v1 iPhone, but didn't fit the 3G; but by the time the 3G came out I was already in the market for anything that wasn't the Apple BT. Those guys at Futureshop must have been used Apple BT salesmen....lol :p:p:p

I'm using the Motorola MotoPURE H12, and it works like a charm...

12. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

13. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Every place like that hires idiots. They want people to sell stuff, not talk about how great it is.

14. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    how do you like the S9? i've been thinking of gettting a couple pairs, one for the iphone and one for the ipod Touch... do you work out with them? do they sound pretty good? (they are $35-45 now, i'm not looking for Bose quality earbuds)

in general are they holding up..

thanks

15. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Mine are good, I have read about problems and Sweat, But I haven't experienced it. Mine work awesome, they last longer than I want to listen. They are "muddy" in sound, I use the "treble booster" function in EQ on my iPhone to combat it but they still have a lot of lows as most head phones sound of this type. I got mine from Newegg for $37 shipped a month ago. I like them better than any wired headphone. I have a set of Skull Candy that I never use now. The play/pause and Volume up and down buttons work with the iPhone, but the track forward and backward do not. They do take some getting used to the way they sit on your head, but after a few times you really don't think too much about it, they are really light and stay on my ears and head even if you shake your head violently. I have a small head too, I wear a medium Helmet for riding a Motorcycle, so they will fit even better if you have a larger head. I would say try them out, if you don't like them I bet you can sell them on e-bay to recoup some cash. The bonus also is if you have a Mac with Bluetooth they will pair to it too.

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

As far as I've been able to tell, Plantronics makes some nice BT headsets. I've had two so far (lost the charger for the first so had to buy a second). I still use both and both work great.

That Jawbone with the voice vibration recognitionmabobber looks damn nice though. Probably only a matter of time before I break down and buy one.

17. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Absolutely not true. We have a couple of Plantronics (in addition to Apple), and a uConnect handsfree in our Jeep. Both work fine on 2G and our 3GS, though the quality has markedly improved with the 3GS.

18. K19 macrumors newbie

What bunch of bull. I have a cheapass Nokia Bluetooth set that works fine with my 3G.

19. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Thanks for all the responses guys and gals....

I went back there last night after reading all these posts and snubbed those two sales reps. Purchased a MOTO H560 and gave the sale to some nice young fellow.

I really like the quality of the H560 so far!

Anyone else use this set?