FX- American Horror Story (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Huntn, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

We got around to watching this last night. A couple with marital problems moves into a house where former owners have died, but it's a great price! The story if full of disturbing images. Of course it's a horror story, but I don't know if I'll be able to continue it. With a movie, I can grit my teeth and get through to the end, but don't know if I want to endure it on a weekly basis.

Continue forth at your own risk.
    There is a frequent habit of people seeing things not as they are or could be. Such as the old housekeeper to appears young and sexy to the husband, and the wife having sex with the mystery man in the black rubber suit who she thinks is her husband, because she sees him as her husband. Icing on the cake is when she gets pregnant, and I all most forgot the incident in the basement. I walked away from this episode with an unsettled feeling. Fortunately, I'm not prone to nightmares.

Would I watch a new episode of The Exorcist every week? No, probably not this either.

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I've been watching this since the premier with my SO and I must say we are hooked on it. She was super skeptical when it started and its definitely messed up but its like a car crash you can't look away from. Have you seen all the current episodes? It's so fun to talk about all the possibilities about what's really going on with everyone.

3. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Just wait until you find out more about the maid.
    I'm liking it too.

4. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

yeah, it sounds like he's only seen the first episode. It get's so much better. I'm jacked up for this weeks episode.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I like the show, but my problem with it so far is that they try to shove so much into each episode that it seems silly. I've gotten to episode three and cannot figure out why the hell those people don't leave that house. I'd have been gone after episode one.

6. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

They've been trying to get out.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Not really. They've been trying to sell. I'd find a crappy apartment until it could be sold.

8. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

they looked at one but then fights keep happening and throwing wrenches into their plans.

----------

You should catch the most recent episode before I give too much away for you. Episode 4 is really intense.

9. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Ok, maybe I'll give it another chance and watch episode 2. :D

10. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

watch all four, the first episode is a little rough because of the introductions and the need to hook you as a viewer. watch the rest. you won't regret it.

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Me and the wife are also hooked. It is pretty creepy and trying to figure out what is real and what isn't it part of the fun.

There are some definitely weird and creepy frreaking people in this show to say the least.

12. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I like it, it's entertaining, and so far they've done a decent job of revealing things as we go. I look forward to it every week, and Jessica Lange is amazing.

I also realized I live super close to the house. I drove by last night, pretty creepy/awesome.

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I couldn't agree more. I think she is pretty much the creepiest and cold blooded character of them all...... Great performance.

14. RabidBear macrumors member

RabidBear

No doubt this show is intense. My daughter and her boyfriend got me hooked on it at episode two. There isn't an episode yet that hasn't had me do a double take and a WTF!?

Good news though, FX has picked it up for another 13 episodes for season 2.

15. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

The shows awesome but i do feel at times the plot is almost a little bit too fast which is why tonight's episode was awesome because the plot did slow down a little bit.

I just wonder if the show is going to have a different cast next season like it's the rumors claim.

16. sherrynchris macrumors newbie

Yeah really good idea except for one thing...the family leaves the house and the show ends!! DUMBASS!! Or wait we could watch a show about a haunted house that has no one to haunt!! D-BAG!!!

17. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

For this to be only your first post, you make a compelling and cogent argument. Indeed, the measured use of all-caps and multiple exclamation points serves to drive the point home. Bravo, sherrynchris.