Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Replacement S6 was expedited for free, so should be getting it tonight.

I'm not holding my breath, but I do hope the replacement is better. I still don't believe I have a dud unit, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I'll post what I find out in the morning. ;)

Yay!! The sequel of novels to come out soon.

Anxiously waiting!!!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Yay!! The sequel of novels to come out soon.

Anxiously waiting!!!

You had nothing to lose, potentially lots to gain considering the experience you were having with the initial one. Me? I don't have much hair to pull anymore out.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
That's one of the first things I do. I think they are an aesthetic eyesore and not needed.

I'm sure it saves some degree of power as well.
They're just so damn bright. It's weird that some phones have the function to turn them off and others don't.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
They're just so damn bright. It's weird that some phones have the function to turn them off and others don't.

it would be nice to be able to switch the buttons. I like where they are but for some it would add to the overall user experience.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I was reading on another forum that the 60fps video is supposed to be amazing on this phone, has anyone tried it?

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Google Services and Android OS are always at the top of my battery list, and both relatively high. Like in the teens. What is going on?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Google Services and Android OS are always at the top of my battery list, and both relatively high. Like in the teens. What is going on?

Chances are location services - switch to battery saver and turn off google location history. You'll be surprised how heavy they are. :)

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Chances are location services - switch to battery saver and turn off google location history. You'll be surprised how heavy they are. :)

When in 'Battery Saver Mode,' does the CPU take a hit?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: I just finished watching Marques review and, WOW! That screen screams even on video. I'm impressed how crisp and clear it is.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
EDIT: I just finished watching Marques review and, WOW! That screen screams even on video. I'm impressed how crisp and clear it is.

Messed with one in BB and it is easily the most vibrant, clear screen I have ever seen.

Almost made me want to buy one. Then I pressed the screen and Touchwiz appeared and I dropped it faster than MRU buys a new phone.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Messed with one in BB and it is easily the most vibrant, clear screen I have ever seen.

Almost made me want to buy one. Then I pressed the screen and Touchwiz appeared and I dropped it faster than MRU buys a new phone.

Yeah the 2k screen is beast. I am still in debate mode over here about which phone I want to run. I think im going to stay put and deal with me 6+......I need to stop switching phones all the time! Its like an addiction.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

LMAO because its so true :D Was already eyeing up an M9 today - lol

----------

When in 'Battery Saver Mode,' does the CPU take a hit?

Nope. It doesn't take any hit at all. Indeed there is less processing having to go on so should be better :)

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
LMAO because its so true :D Was already eyeing up an M9 lol

----------

Nope. It doesn't take any hit at all. Indeed there is less processing having to go on so should be better :)

We need someone to get a M9 and gives us the run down! Supposed to an update to fix the camera issues.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014

Location history already off. All the main things people say to turn off are off, including VoLTE calling, WiFi always scanning, Location History, and even location itself is off. I only switch it on when I use Maps.

What do you mean by "switch to battery saver" though?

Google Services and Android OS are still very high.

PS. I've also tried factory reset, wiping system cache, and rebooting. Resulting in the same.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Location history already off. All the main things people say to turn off are off, including VoLTE calling, WiFi always scanning, Location History, and even location itself is off. I only switch it on when I use Maps.

What do you mean by "switch to battery saver" though?

Google Services and Android OS are still very high.

PS. I've also tried factory reset, wiping system cache, and rebooting. Resulting in the same.

Go into privacy section, then location setting.

Change Location method to battery saver

Turn off Google location history

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.