Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gekoo

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Tokyo
Just made a video of me playing some Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition in bootcamp.

The funny thing was when I installed the capcom store bought version I bought it would'nt work. Then I installed Steam and with that my Arcade stick and everything got installed. Small bug I guess. I'm playing on pretty high standard settings, most things maxed out. But I left out some things since it's still online matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3u4KrCODQ

fpsBeaTt

Suspended
Apr 18, 2010
Even though the 650 sounds like it won't be much worse than a GTX660, it is. Its a lot less powerful. Combine that with running at retina resolution and your going to have to turn graphics settings to low in order to play any modern game at 30fps or higher.

I just find it funny how many people get so defensive over an Apple product. I myself really enjoy my macbook air, Imac and iPhone but I couldn't see spending 3 grand on a mediocre laptop. OMG its got an aluminum case and I use it for work, yet the first thing I do when I get home is see how it can game and then tell other people about gaming on it.

The GT650m in the RMBP outperforms the GTX660m :|

lazer155

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
I've been playing Quake 4 on my 2.6ghz rmbp for the last couple days. I noticed that when I run the game at the greatest scaled resolution choice in system preferences, the fans don't seem to kick in as much and the computer runs a bit cooler. When I run it at "best for retina" resolution, it heats up much more and the fans run at a higher rpm. I haven't tested this with any programs like switchres (to change the resolution to native). Has anyone else noticed this? I am kind of surprised by it because I thought running at scaled resolutions stressed the GPU more which I would assume would increase the temperature. It doesn't make sense to me why it would seem to be running a bit cooler at the scaled "most space" option.

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
Just made a video of me playing some Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition in bootcamp.

The funny thing was when I installed the capcom store bought version I bought it would'nt work. Then I installed Steam and with that my Arcade stick and everything got installed. Small bug I guess. I'm playing on pretty high standard settings, most things maxed out. But I left out some things since it's still online matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3u4KrCODQ

What resolution are you using? Your benchmark score is slightly higher than mine on an iMac 27" 3.4Ghz 6970m. Impressive. My 2011 11" Air 1.8Ghz i7 pulls 50s in lowered 1024*768 resolution.

lazer155

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
what temperature does your cpus/gpu reach when playing diablo3 on an a thunderbolt display?

If you were asking me, I don't have a thunderbolt display or any external displays unfortunately. I also do not have diablo 3. I do plan to get it though soon.

gekoo

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Tokyo
What resolution are you using? Your benchmark score is slightly higher than mine on an iMac 27" 3.4Ghz 6970m. Impressive. My 2011 11" Air 1.8Ghz i7 pulls 50s in lowered 1024*768 resolution.

Not gonna bootcamp to go in and check but I think I'm on 1400 x 900 now since I'm sometimes playing on a projector and it looks nice. I'll see if I can take a picture later on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.