Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've been looking at a few games lately, but they're all in Chinese/Mandarin. I generally play in English or Japanese or even, German but my Mandarin is not so good and the other dialects are worse for me.

The handheld games coming from China or Taiwan are usually translated to Japanese or Korean, but for the computer, not so much.

Reactions: Queen6 and Huntn

Queen6

macrumors G4
Nothing much new coming up appeals, however on the short list a trio from the past;

Černaja Metka (Черная Метка/The Hunt) (2008)
33059_680381.jpg

Having recently revisited & updated Condemned: Criminal Origins, looked for a game with a similar playstyle. Enter Černaja Metka is a first-person action game similar to Manhunt based on the novel 'Black Label' ("Chernaya Metka", "Чёрная Метка") by Andrey Dashkov. In the near future a new Russian TV show called The Hunt becomes popular.

It takes place in Moscow and the concept of the show is that thirteen random people are given a 'black label' virus which will kill a person if it is not transferred to other people. The last, thirteenth victim cannot pass on the 'black label' to someone. Either the virus will kill that last person, that person survives or dies fighting the Hunters characters in the show. It the virus is passed on to other people it kills the victim.

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason (2009)
R-C.849e1b5e4abdeb6f3429dc295ee92bbe

Year 1968. Arctic Circle, Russian North Pole station "Pole 21". The main hero Alexander Nesterov is a meteorologist accidentally caught inside an old nuclear ice-breaker North Wind, frozen in the ice desert many years ago. This steel creature once fought for its life and freedom, but it has fallen into an ice trap and all the creatures on its board lost not only their natural look, but a right to die. Cryostasis is a story about a drama of a Captain and his Ship evolving in the atmosphere of animal fear.

The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on-Dark Athena (2009)
OIP-C.ktViuphSYraGyha1E_aXsgAAAA

Featuring a remastered edition of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (2004), as well as a new full-length campaign, Assault on Dark Athena picks up moments after Riddick's escape. In flight away from the prison, Riddick and Johns' vessel is drawn into the clutches of a mercenary ship called the Dark Athena. Johns is taken captive while Riddick manages to awake from cryo-sleep and evade capture. With mercenaries in pursuit of the bounty on Riddick's head, Riddick must do what he does best - kill those who get in his way and escape.

Q-6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.