Gasket sinking in

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macjoshua, Apr 7, 2012.

1. macjoshua, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

macjoshua macrumors 6502

On my new iPad, the gasket on the top, near the lock button seems to be sinking in. if you run your finger around the case you can feel the edge of the glass and the aluminum edge in that spot. The rest of the edges are smooth and tapered. It's not really noticeable to the eye unless you really look for it. Is this a problem, or normal?

I'm just curious because the iPad also has a very blue tint to the bottom and a yellowish/almost pink tint toward the top that has been getting more pronounced since I got it, and I don't know if it's worth going to the genius bar. I actually kind of suspect that the screen was all more yellow or warm at first, but the bluish section is what's burning in from the bottom of the screen where the battery seems to be warmest.

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I'd take it back if I were you. It sounds like you have some legitimate issues.

3. lc25 macrumors 6502

Get a genius to take a look, something really doesn't sound right with the iPad you got. Hey a couple of bad ones will always get though but thats why aftercare is so good, should be sorted no questions asked.

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I too recommend you to take it to a Applestore to get it looked at.
    The screen should not be sinking in.

5. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Not normal.

Would be a good idea to swap it out

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

Is this a diversion post? "Look over here while I slip in another thread on screen color/tint"

If you think the gasket is bad take it to Apple for their opinion. You gut instinct is most likely correct.

For screen tints etc refer to the bazillion other threads on this subject.