GayWay - the gay and lesbian discussion (aka. Any Gays here?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian0523

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
33
0
Just wondering if I'm the only one

Sorry for sounding like a jerk - I'm just curious about other gay mac geeks like me that's all.
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,232
4
edesignuk said:
Your 1st post, and this is it? :rolleyes:

Anyway, what does it matter?
agreed, does it really matter? i know there are some other people on here that are not hetero, but who cares really? its not an issue to me at all

and why ask this if it is your first post?!

it would be one thing if you were polling the community for sexual prefernce though.....but this.....eh...
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,652
123
C'mon guys... stop picking on our new forum member. It's only natural to be curious about what other people are around here...

Brian0523 – there are a number of gay men & lesbians here on these boards. I'm not one of them but have often been called a fruit-fly before... ;)
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,232
4
Blue Velvet said:
C'mon guys... stop picking on our new forum member. It's only natural to be curious about what other people are around here...

Brian0523 – there are a number of gay men & lesbians here on these boards. I'm not one of them but have often been called a fruit-fly before... ;)
sorry if i come off sounding like a jerk, i dont mean to at all,

and indeed, Welcome to the forums


i just dont understand the need to ask this question i guess, but thats probably because im a weirdo :D (and proud of it too)
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
22,407
0
VA
I'm sure you would find that there are all types of sexual preferences here and any other forum online. And unfortunately blunt questions like this can cause some problems with members who could take offense, so in the future you might want to be a little more tactful. And if you spend a little time searching here in the forums you'd find plenty of references that would answer you question.

D
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
It's only natural to want to identify with like-minded people.

There's plenty of gays/lesbians on the forum, everyone is very accepting (or at least quiet if they're not) so the subject doesn't come up that much anymore. Excluding the philisophical/political threads, anyway.

I'd say, I can think of about 6 really prolific users? And gobs more who don't post as much... Dozens and dozens of homos :D
 

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
2,702
2
I'm usually gay, and will be very gay if UNC wins the NCAA Basketball tournament tonight.

I am not homosexual though. Plenty of good people here that are though.
 

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
13,522
2,558
Sod off
I'm not gay - not that there's anything wrong with that....

As others have said this doesn't really come up much. We here at MacRumors generally follow Rodney King's advice. :D
 

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
3,375
0
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
There are some people here that avoid these kinds of threads like the plague because they don't want to tell everyone this preference. If you stay on the forums longer you can sometimes tell who is gay without coming to a thread like this. ;)

I found Mr. Anderson's reply interesting. He said something about "many sexual preferences". I just didn't know there were sooo many :D
 

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
14,162
19
Chicago, Illinois
Brian0523 said:
Just wondering if I'm the only one

Sorry for sounding like a jerk - I'm just curious about other gay mac geeks like me that's all.
I am! :) 100%. You're not alone.

This is a great bunch of people too Brian0523. Very helpful and a great resource.
 

ibilly

macrumors regular
May 2, 2003
248
0
Boulder
I think that you might be better off (if you are just trying to gauge numbers or w/e) is to do an anonomous poll. Less worries about identity and labels. Not sure it's really a problem, but might be worth trying in any case!
 

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
27,345
12,409
Perhaps you should have just asked, "Have you bought iPod socks?"
 

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
8,889
25
Northern Virginia
No need to worry about letting your hair down around MR, and letting your true rainbow colors show around here. :)

Many of us here, and have found the atmosphere accepting.

You will find a community or family of all sorts here, and like some family - you learn who to avoid and those that you can lean on.

Welcome aboard.
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
Chip NoVaMac said:
No need to worry about letting your hair down around MR, and letting your true rainbow colors show around here. :)

Many of us here, and have found the atmosphere accepting.

You will find a community or family of all sorts here, and like some family - you learn who to avoid and those that you can lean on.

Welcome aboard.

Nicely said. :D
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
rdowns said:
Perhaps you should have just asked, "Have you bought iPod socks?"
hehehe

hahaha

that's only really funny because the first time my partner saw them in an Apple store, he loudly exclaimed, "Oh, great, now my iPod can be gay too!"
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
rainman::|:| said:
hehehe

hahaha

that's only really funny because the first time my partner saw them in an Apple store, he loudly exclaimed, "Oh, great, now my iPod can be gay too!"
LOL - My whole office had great fun at my expense when the Fed Ex guy arrived with my iPod socks.
 

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
5,320
0
sunny los angeles
for some reason i was expecting something less mature of this thread when i first saw it on the MR homepage :p

i'm bi. being born with female reproductive organs though, it's not always a great thing to tell to straight guys.

edit: i love my gray iPod sock :(
 

Status
Not open for further replies.