Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
I sold my ip5 to gazelle for $340 not bad because i paid only $350 for it... i mean i know i might be able to get more but i only paid $350 so i think its good. any one ever sale to gazelle?

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I am actually kind of surprised at how well these things pay. I mean, most of us buy our phones at $200 with contract. I just checked to see how much apple would pay for my 4S and it's gunna be around $180. That is like paying $20 for a brand new 5S. I am just kind of amazed at how cheaply you can get a phone. The carriers are what really rip you off over here in the US.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
You got ripped off.

It depends on how much time you want to spend selling it. You may get more on ebay but you are also taking SOME risk.

I have successfully used Gazelle but this year saw NextWorth and they seem to be offering more. PLUS there was a 10% "coupon" available (not sure it's still there but it was yesterday). Coupon code is TODAYSIPHONE. For example, if they offer $400, the coupon will get you an extra $40.

----------

I am actually kind of surprised at how well these things pay. I mean, most of us buy our phones at $200 with contract. I just checked to see how much apple would pay for my 4S and it's gunna be around $180. That is like paying $20 for a brand new 5S. I am just kind of amazed at how cheaply you can get a phone. The carriers are what really rip you off over here in the US.

Maybe... but really the difference is the deep discount you get for signing the contract. That's why you can make money on selling an old phone.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan

You may know this, but the full retail for a base model iPhone is much more than the contract price. If you compare the full price to what they are paying you--its not such a great deal. It's convenient, but not a good deal.

If you sell it yourself you get hundreds more in most cases.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I know, but my 4S has a big crack on the back corner of it. It doesn't affect performance though. I wonder if i could sell it for more

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
I'm hoping to get $450 for my 16GB iPhone 5 next week. I think $500 is too much. I'll sell on Craigslist, screw these sites that make you ship or pay through paypal.

kdnole

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Gazelle was going to give me $160 for my 4S but since I'm Verizon I'm trading it through them and getting a $200 gift card. That way I can use the gift card for my 5s 16GB and it almost be an even trade. I cancelled my Gazelle order.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I sold my ip5 to gazelle for $340 not bad because i paid only $350 for it... i mean i know i might be able to get more but i only paid $350 so i think its good. any one ever sale to gazelle?

You're not telling the whole story. You may have paid $350, but you're also not finished your contract. If you want a new iphone5S, you'll have to pony up alot more than the new contract price. You'll have to make up for your unfinished contract. You'll probably have to pay an extra $250 to get a new phone, so you basically got $90 for your phone.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
I have two lines on my account one for iPad one for phone. My phone line is up for upgrade this year. I have it so I can upgrade every year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.