Gears of War 3 Behold :)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Apr 12, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

3. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

Holy Hell that looks awsome....

The Gears of War series is one of the best single player campaigns out there. Although I will say that the multiplayer leaves me a little cold. Althought the addition of the horde mode in the last game was/is pretty fun.

I guess I will just keep playing Modern Warfare 2 for another year till this comes out.

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I should really try and finish the 2nd game. The girlfriend forced me into playing the co-op mode but it just grew so boring, repetitive and uninteresting. But it just seems like one of those games that you have to play through.

6. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

personally this should have waited till E3 atleast have a lil more footage in too now will have atleast 2 trailers when E3 rolls out I just hope its not the same trailer...

7. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Gears of War 2 was so lackluster I cannot imagine anybody being excited for part 3.

8. shadrach macrumors newbie

Speechless, looks great, and honestly I can not wait to play it. I wanted to see all the new tech implemented like the soft body stuff, besides that it looks like gears same. It is nice to get an opinion on this game that has not been influenced by the tidal wave of hype concerning this game. Gears of War, the fact of the matter is, when the ineveitable sequels start to roll out, everyone will begin to find fault with it.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I found GOW2 to be a better game than the original playing strictly solo/coop. Although most sequels are been there done that, if you love the original, you can take more of the same. However I may have reached my BTDT limit with this series. My question is GOW3 just more of the same?

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I guess I need to 1) finish GoW, 2) purchase/play/finish GOW2.. then I should be ready for GOW3. :)

11. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Gears of War THREE? I'm still waiting for the first one to come out on Mac :D

...They promised!

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Oh my God.

That looks absolutely wonderful.

I love how changed Dom looks. I didn't really get a good look on Phoenix, but I'd assume he's changed a lot also.

By changed, I mean like..generally aged.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I think coop makes the game better, least you have someone to yell at or save. Personally I think Borderlands is much much better coop. :)

14. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Hmm, another incredibly average game lovingly rendered in the grayscale spectrum. -_-