GeForce 6600 LE

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by blocpartier, Aug 28, 2009.

1. blocpartier macrumors newbie

does the GeForce 6600 LE support dual monitors?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

And Google couldn't have served you better? Especially since there is an abundance of photos with dual monitor ports on the cards?

3. blocpartier thread starter macrumors newbie

no need to be so rude.google didnt really help me.

4. Transporteur macrumors 68030

It does, but it does not support display rotation.

5. greedyhands macrumors member

Stop being such a tool

Ok, now seriously Tallest Skil, I can't help but get myself involved in this. Both your reply, and your signature, are ENTIRELY inappropriate. There is no need to be so rude to people who are only coming here for advice. If you do not feel as though you should reply to a post because the question would be better served on google, that is fine. BY ALL MEANS, DO NOT REPLY THEN. What in the world is so offensive to you about people asking questions? No one has forced you to read any of these... and certainly no one wants you to reply to threads like this. If you think a question is too elementary for your expertise, just refrain from typing at all. In fact, next time you read a post like this, maybe you should stand up from your computer, fix yourself a nice cup of herbal tea, and relax. Try meditating on some sort of a mantra that may remind you of the humanity, and inherent value, of every human being. Then, come back to the computer, sit down, and skip over that post that made you so irate in the first place, and move on to the next one. This forum has got to stop being rude to people who come here with only a bit of computer knowledge. The Macrumors forum isn't an exclusive club, ergo, everyone has a right to ask questions.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There's an ignore feature for users. Go ahead and add me.

7. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Yes it does. It is the stock card for the base model PCI-E graphics cards and has 2 DVI ports on it.

8. blocpartier thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for just answering the question and not being a douchebag.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

By your MR title I see you haven't been here long enough. You see, you can't go answering stuff when Google or nVidia.com could easily provide such answers. In this case, isn't it easier to go to nVidia.com and look for the card specs? Yes it is. There is no need for MR thread about it.

However, that said, let's assume we do help him. We create more damage than good. Ever heard of "Give a fish to a man and he'll eat for a day, but teach him to fish and he'll eat a lifetime"? Well, if you haven't, now you have. We help out, yes, but we also expect people to search for their answers before posting (ei, Google something, or at least give us a sense you have looked but failed to find an answer to your question). Which brings me back to Tallest Skil's signature and attitudes. You see, many people here like the easy way out. Post a question and sit back and view results. That's not how it works, nor is it good. It only floods the forums with spam questions and pushes actual interesting and actual help related threads of the eyes of those who can help. Thus, we encourage to search before you post. Heck, the forum rules says Search and then post. You'd be amazed how many times the question you are about to post has been responded.

In the end, Tallest Skil is right and you can also go ahead and add me to you Ignore List. After all, people hate to hear/acknowledge a truth when it's presented to them.

10. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Ahhh forum etiquette. Brings out the best in all of us. If we don't answer all of the same questions all of the time, what else would we have to do on the forums? There would be so many fewer posts! You'd plug a few replies in, then page one just gathers dust... so sad, so tragic. It would be the end of Macrumors.

11. lemonade-maker macrumors 6502

lemonade-maker

Sweet. either way you get to be the one that disrupts the thread. That's pretty powerful stuff, gonna put that one in my toolbox.

12. G.T. macrumors 6502a

Looks like he has been banned, I suppose he should have been nicer about giving is answer. Wonder if it was this thread or another that got him banned?

13. philius macrumors newbie

There's giving people the most valuable advice and then there's just plain rude. I guess some people on here don't get out enough to learn any social skills.

14. goldfronts macrumors member

Banned, finally :)