Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gustariana

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
Lost huh? post pics of how it would look?

Here is mine.

Here is my planned LOST one... it is also a few pages back. I am waiting for my black bumper to arrive.. for now I have a purple Scosche bandedge so the Neo New York will work beautifully with it.

gelaskinsample1.jpg

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
I don't know who was asking about the Gela Screens and if it was ever confirmed... but they come with two screens. One to fit the whole front, another to fit with your skin. :)

Krumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
Ok just got my custom gelaskins and slapped them on. Looks pretty good. Her's a few pics I took. I still got my wood back and red and green side from luckylabs for backup.

4883709865_7d34f908ff_z.jpg

h[/QUOTE]

They didn't question you about copyright issues?

lakersin2025

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
They didn't question you about copyright issues?

Nope. Maybe because it was someones painting. Not a screen grab. I don't really think copyright should be a problem with these unless you plan to resell them. Just my opinion though.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
these are cool, but i have heard the delivery time to the UK is a long time, is it worth the wait?

clads01

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
Nope. Maybe because it was someones painting. Not a screen grab. I don't really think copyright should be a problem with these unless you plan to resell them. Just my opinion though.

They print all the skins people make with sports team logos, so I don't think they check anything. They probably just get routed directly to the printer and then shipped without any human checking them.

jdflanag

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
Is anyone else having a problem with their gelaskin shrinking ? I installed mine almost a month ago now, and it appears that it's shrinking. There's a gap (about 1/16") between the edge of my iPhone and the gelaskin where you can see the black showing through. That wouldn't be so bad, but it's actually started encroaching on my camera...and I KNOW when I installed it that it in no way covered any of the camera or flash.

Hopefully I'm the only one...but it definitely looks to be shrinking. I can post photo's.

Krumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010

Worth a shot. I'll post pics when it's ready.

Krumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
Oh, another quick question:

Has anyone tried a gelaskin AND a screen protector with the bumper?

I'm curious to see if it will all fit and depending on the answer I may have to alter my design and forgo the front skin.

ilovesandraoh

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
Hi, if i wanted to save the gelaskin in case i want to reapply it later, what should i put it on to preserve the sticky-ness on its back

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Oh, another quick question:

Has anyone tried a gelaskin AND a screen protector with the bumper?

I'm curious to see if it will all fit and depending on the answer I may have to alter my design and forgo the front skin.

I just came across this post... I put my bumper on my Gelaskins just to see how it looks and it fit fine without any issue. But why have a bumper when you can just use the Gelaskin side skin and it solves the antenna issue?

ilovesandraoh

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
I just came across this post... I put my bumper on my Gelaskins just to see how it looks and it fit fine without any issue. But why have a bumper when you can just use the Gelaskin side skin and it solves the antenna issue?

it doesnt resolve the issue

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
Not sure where you got this discount code, but it didn't work. The TJOOSKINS for 10% did.

Theres a 20% discount code available, GELASCHOOL.

Nice, I did the same, but the silver model. I didn't make a front or side skin though. guess that was kind of a waste since you can't pay for just the back. ah well.

leica-vi.jpg

Photography is a hobby of mine so I went the Leica route. Yes, the M8 has been replaced my the M9 but I don't mind. It's just for fun. :)
attachment.php

Cavemanz

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
Not sure where you got this discount code, but it didn't work. The TJOOSKINS for 10% did.

They posted it on twitter, and it worked for me when I ordered 10 days ago.

Krumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010

I was going to use the bumper as a shock absorber - unless it doesn't do that very well.

But my main concern is that the gelaskins don't cover the screen so I was going to put on a screen protector FIRST and then the front gelaskin on TOP of the screen protector.

I was wondering if that is too many layers to fit in the bumper (the screen protector and the gelaskin together).

Gustariana

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
They posted it on twitter, and it worked for me when I ordered 10 days ago.

It worked for me as well a couple of weeks ago.

I just got my gelaskin in the mail but I will wait till the weekend to install.. I am pretty sure I'll need a bio suit, clean room or OR and a whole lot of luck to install this and the SGP Ultra Oleo I got as well hahaha!

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I was going to use the bumper as a shock absorber - unless it doesn't do that very well.

But my main concern is that the gelaskins don't cover the screen so I was going to put on a screen protector FIRST and then the front gelaskin on TOP of the screen protector.

I was wondering if that is too many layers to fit in the bumper (the screen protector and the gelaskin together).

When you are checking out you can purchase a Gelaskins protector for like $7. This comes with a short one to fit the screen perfectly between your top and bottom skin. And it comes with a full front protector if you don't want the top and bottom skin.

I don't really like the protector much, it has a colored background look to it when you view it at an angle when it is bright. And it gets finger prints quickly. But it protects the screen so it gets the job done.

But if you choose to get another protector instead of the ones sold by Gelaskins you can always attempt to cut it down to size :p

Krumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
When you are checking out you can purchase a Gelaskins protector for like $7. This comes with a short one to fit the screen perfectly between your top and bottom skin. And it comes with a full front protector if you don't want the top and bottom skin.

I don't really like the protector much, it has a colored background look to it when you view it at an angle when it is bright. And it gets finger prints quickly. But it protects the screen so it gets the job done.

But if you choose to get another protector instead of the ones sold by Gelaskins you can always attempt to cut it down to size :p

Thanks. I already purchased Power Support screen protectors. So I'll guess we'll wait and see.

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London

Tried it and failed to cut it accurately enough meaning the edges soon got dust trapped underneath so I just took it off. The glass is holding up just fine for now.

ichiban06

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Those who in the UK, how long did it take to arrive? its been 16 days since they sent me the shipping confirmation and I'm still waiting :(

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
mine came....just waiting on my PW support..i do have the screen clear protector from gelaskin its ok...work for now...i didnt put the front decals...for now..
DSCN0499.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

lobster512

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
40% off everything on Gelaskins when you enter TENKFANS in the coupon box at checkout until 8am EST 8/27.

You still have a few hours to order. They reached 10k fans on facebook and this is their way of saying thanks. So if you've been waiting or on the fence about ordering one, I hope this helps. I doubt we'll see this kind of savings anytime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.