Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
of course. just after i order one.

40% off everything on Gelaskins when you enter TENKFANS in the coupon box at checkout until 8am EST 8/27.

You still have a few hours to order. They reached 10k fans on facebook and this is their way of saying thanks. So if you've been waiting or on the fence about ordering one, I hope this helps. I doubt we'll see this kind of savings anytime soon.

sephiroth61787

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
No issues when I made an San Francisco Giants skin.

I had issues when I made my Spider-Man skin. They canceled the order first, so I had to call them and sort it out. They have Marvel skins for sale, that's why they canceled it in the first place. In the end, I got them to print it for me. I love it.

NYDiplomat

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2010
40% off everything on Gelaskins when you enter TENKFANS in the coupon box at checkout until 8am EST 8/27.

You still have a few hours to order. They reached 10k fans on facebook and this is their way of saying thanks. So if you've been waiting or on the fence about ordering one, I hope this helps. I doubt we'll see this kind of savings anytime soon.

Thanks. I made a custom one last late night and it was shipped today.

ifone23

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
DIY Gelaskins off color??

For those of you who made your own skin, have you noticed that the color is off?

I recently made a skin in a grey/blue theme, but when I received the skin, it had a very purple hue to it. Even the packing slip that shows the picture of the skin is blue/grey.

Anyone else experienced this?

Gustariana

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
Finally some pics!

Quality is not that good but the husband won't bulge and get an iPhone... these pics are from his Samsung Captivate hehehe!

I am not sure if I'll keep the front pieces long term or not. I really like the back but the front is still taking me long to accept. I kinda miss the original way.

The LOST one is still planned for later.. once I get tired of this one.

btw that is a Scoesche Bandedge in Purple.

2010-08-31140036.jpg

back.jpg

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
got my gelaskin in the other day. it replaced my carbon fibre backing from lucky labs. messed up a bit on the sizing, but ah well. i'll probably only keep it on for a few weeks.

m8iphone-vi.jpg

holbrookjl

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Are the wallpapers in Retina for the ip4?

no they are not. they are actually pixelated just like an inkjet printer from about 5 years ago would look like. i posted about how disappointed i was with the sharpness (or lack thereof) of the text i had on my skin. i made a comparison of actual vs. what i submitted.

gela.jpg

i'm redoing an image that shouldn't matter if it's somewhat pixelated though.

vwcover.jpg

For those of you who made your own skin, have you noticed that the color is off?

Yes noticeably. the chair image i had should have been cyan, and instead it came turquoise.

gelachair.JPG

alptkz

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
Hi everyone

I just received my custom gelaskin and I'm quite happy with it. I made t myself so I thought I'd share it with everyone. I like the black iPhone so I wanted to keep it dark and made an Asian fishscale pattern. Here it is:

7rks.jpg
wmkb.jpg

Only one thing I didn't like; the enveloppe contained 2 promotional business cards and these were hard pressed agains the skin's packaging. The result, my skin has rectangular marks of the cards pressed in it. Lame.

radupif

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2010
Hey
That Daft Punk looks awesome. I took the liberty to kinda copy it and change it around a bit. Here are the skins if someone wants them.
Cheers

Attachments

• Daft Punk Back.png
    Daft Punk Back.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Daft Punk Front.png
    Daft Punk Front.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 136

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
I'm not sure if this back is going to come out pixelated, opinions?

Attachments

• gelaskin.png
    gelaskin.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 124
  • van goh walle.jpg
    van goh walle.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 126

ali87

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Hey
That Daft Punk looks awesome. I took the liberty to kinda copy it and change it around a bit. Here are the skins if someone wants them.
Cheers

That's pretty good, although I think instead of a red daft punk logo, this would suit the overall look better

Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg

What do you think?

BigByteSlim

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone from Australia ordered these and if so how long did it take to arrive?

My custom skin was shipped on the 10th of September via standard post and so far no sign of it, almost a month now :(.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Live and Die by the Orange & Black

MY 2010 SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!

4774588387_60e30a5610_b.jpg

nziphone

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
Gelaskin shrink on iphone 4

Is anyone else having a problem with their gelaskin shrinking ? I installed mine almost a month ago now, and it appears that it's shrinking. There's a gap (about 1/16") between the edge of my iPhone and the gelaskin where you can see the black showing through. That wouldn't be so bad, but it's actually started encroaching on my camera...and I KNOW when I installed it that it in no way covered any of the camera or flash.

Hopefully I'm the only one...but it definitely looks to be shrinking. I can post photo's.

JDFLANG - you are correct, your gelaskin on your iphone4 IS shrinking.
Worse still Gelaskins know it shrinks, and do not tell anyone about it on their website!
No mention in the FAQ, product pages, checkout screens or invoice.

Mine also shrunk about a month after purchase so I searched the internet and the Gelaskin website looking for some mention of the shrinking problem. Predictably, its not mentioned.

Assuming it was just a bad batch, I contacted Gelaskins to get a replacement "good batch" sent out and they said that all Gelaskins shrink, its expected and is made worse on the iPhone 4's back due to its oleophobic coating that reduces the stickyness of the glue.
They suggested that I could stretch the skin out to cover the back of the phone again - which left me thinking, why didn't you just use a coating that did not shrink in the first place!!!!!

So Ive stretched it a little (read as much as it will) and its slightly better but still too short and still too narrow. Certainly not the product I purchased.

I'm just glad that I hadn't had a chance to recommend this product to all my friends yet as Id be looking pretty stupid when their covers shrunk too making the backs of their phones look like crap.

Thanks Gelaskins :(

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Does anyone have the white iPhone template with the silver apple logo? Also anyone know of any coupons?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.