Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
How long has notification been out for MacOS, and only *now* they get around to it? Slow on the uptake

I used Gemini 2 in the past, but switced to open source "deDupe" Much better interface, and faster.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
I hate all these apps running in the background. Even Chrome insists on running in the background to check every hour for upgrade. One background process doesn't matter, but all of these together keep waking the OS to call home and take up CPU, WiFi traffic etc. It's like each developer thinks the user will only be running his app and then this doesn't matter!

Word has that Chrome not only works in the background but makes your MacOS performance worse. I forgot the source, i think its a youtube video.

indiekiduk

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
"Duplicate files not only occupy valuable disk space but also make the system slow. For large amounts of duplicates, the scanning process can be time-consuming and resource-demanding," says Oleksandr Kosovan, CEO of MacPaw. "With the Duplicates Monitor, users will now be able to keep the duplicate files to a minimum, making their Macs faster and more organized and sparing disk space for things that really matter."

Nope on APFS duplicates don't take up any extra space

jmhbpc

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2021
Not sure about this version, but original behaves in a suspicious manner by periodically claiming to be damaged and requiring re-download. Gone are the days of simple, and reliable third party Mac apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.