General consensus on battery life of the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heycal, Oct 10, 2014.

1. heycal macrumors 6502a

I know there's 80 million threads touching on one issue or another related to this, but I'm curious if there's an overall consensus on the battery life of iphone 6. I was disappointed when I heard that Apple projected an only 10 or 15% or whatever improvement in battery life and was using language like "same or better battery life" when they announced the phone; I was hoping for much more.

So, is the 6 performing about 15% better than previous models like Apple claimed? Is it exceeding that? Falling short of it? Has any reliable data begun to emerge from the vast majority of users to tell us where this phone is really at in real world battery performance?

2. LostAggie macrumors 6502

It seems a little better than my 5s... I was okay with my 5s though...

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I've really only gotten a couple days use out of my 6, but I have noticed that the battery is slightly better than my 5s was. It's not a drastic difference, but I certainly noticed it throughout the day while at work.

4. lonePar macrumors member

I've been very happy with my battery life and I've come over from a HTC One M8.

5. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Quite a bit better than my iPhone 5, but nothing like the gain you'll see with the 6+.

6. Pluto88888, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

Pluto88888 macrumors regular

Battery life amazing on iPhone 6 took me 7 Hours coach ride to drain from 100% to 0% on 4G only with 40% brightness and bluetooth on.
    5 Hours Tuneinradio
    2 Hours Safari web surfing

Old iPhone 5s didn't even last 4 Hours on 4G streaming.

7. pish6969 macrumors regular

As long as you have a place to sleep, battery shouldn't be a concern.

Lasts all day and charge it at night. Not sure why a battery needs to last 2-3 days, when everyone that's not homeless should have a socket in their homes for when they sleep.

Now if you're not getting a full day (while you awake), that's a different story

..the voice of reason

8. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    My battery is substantially better performing than the battery in my iPhone 5S. I'd say my phone sees moderate usage throughout the day.

9. allen.stark.5 macrumors newbie

I burn my battery down to about 30% while at work during the day on my 6. I wish it was better. My 5s would need a charge by 1Pm after being taken off the charger at 6am. So I usually take my 6 off the charger at 6am then plug it back in around 4pm and get it back up to about 75% to last me the rest of the night. Can't wait till my 6 plus gets here as I hope it will last me a full day.

10. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

i haven't noticed much of an improvement in battery since my first iphone (4). it's never enough. i'm a fairly heavy user and never make it through a day. so i just don't think about it and keep a charger around at all times.

11. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

So far i have around 50% left at around 8 pm. Its much better then my Iphone 5.

12. Vladislav macrumors regular

i didnt had 5 or 5S, but iphone 6 is miles better then my 4S, thats for sure :)

13. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Just take a look at the Battery Usage list every once in a while. It will show you which apps are consuming the most. You can then take those off of background refresh or get rid of them altogether if they are buggy.

14. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

Lets just say the battery life isn't a stand out feature. It probably get you through the day, same old story as most smartphones.

15. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I charge overnight and use my phone all day.

with my 5S I use to be around 15-20% around bed time

with my 6 I am around 40% at the same time so significantly better

This of course varies depending on my usage throughout the day but those were my most common numbers

16. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Battery seems better than my 5S by a wide margin.

17. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

18. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

It's awesome!!!

Attached Files:

19. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

So far the battery life seems better. On my 5S I could go for 2 days, sometimes 3 or even more, on a charge, so I wasn't unhappy with its battery. However, so far with my 6 I have easily gone 3 days between charging. Obviously I don't use it as much as many others do....

20. noej macrumors newbie

I never owned an iPhone before but I would say it's decent.

I was able to play Monster Hunter for over 6 hours with brightness on half with wifi enabled across 2 or 3 days (rest on standby). Brought the phone down to 10% from full charge.

I'm having some issues with my iPhone atm so haven't bothered uploading stuff onto it too much because I'm going to exchange it. Not to mention I'm not really using it the way I would like to atm because I have to keep it pristine in order to exchange it. So been just gaming on it whenever I got time.

21. WilliamG macrumors G3

22. barondebxl macrumors 6502

barondebxl

I think battery on the 6 is significantly better than the 5S. 5s was a true Piece of chiiittt in battery life. Had to charge 2-3 times a day.

----------

You need a 6plus or a note 4.

23. Ashtar macrumors regular

Mine is great. I use my phone a lot, probably more than I should, and the battery life is fantastic. I honestly don't understand what some people do with their damn phones throughout the day that drains it by the afternoon. If you are using your phone that much, you have bigger problems than battery life.

24. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

2-3 days and you werent happy....why dont you invent sth that last a week. people makes me smdh everytime on this forum. i be happy if i can get thru a day without chargin more than once.

25. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's been the case with me and iphone 4, and with the people I know who have the 5S. They must re-charge at some point. So I'm afraid of the same thing happening with the 6.

This sounds more realistic...

Well, some of the bigger ones are real monsters allegedly. Like the LG G2, and Droid Maxx.

That screenshot of usage you posted doesn't seem so great to me. Were you being sarcastic?

Anyways, based on responses so far, I don't think there is a consensus yet...

----------

This may be closest to what one can expect, and is in line with Apple's own projections, so I should probably use this as my guide: A little bit better than the 5s, not a drastic difference.